Chapter 20: Low

[Finally back to Cammie's POV]

"Weak." Diablo hissed as two men dragged Castillo by both of his arms and dropped him on the ground before the cell Kash and I wwere held in. The trousers he came here in were decorated with smudges of dirt and splatters of his own blood. For the past few days, he has been cursed at, starved, beaten, and whipeed. His olive colored skin was no longer vibrant but dark and stained. Dry blood and cuts danced around his upper body and the tattoo across his broad chest was now split in half with the whip that cracked across his chest earlier. I had to squint to see this because Diablo took my glasses from me.

I turned my face away from him and grabbed onto Kash's collar and burried my face back into his neck. "Sit up Cam." Kash tapped my shoulder and rolled me off of him, making my skirt rise and the cold ground froze my legs.

Kash stood up and walked towards the bars that separated us from Dibalo, his men, and the helpless Castillo on the ground.

"Weak, weak, weak." Diablo continued to say as he approached the cell "All of you."

Castillo rose up, resting on his elbows and managed to peer up at Diablo. He spat the blood from his mouth onto the ground and wiped his mouth with his left arm, "Actually we're pretty strong. I'm pretty sure you planned to only attack when you out number us or we have our guard down. Face to face you can't win you little bitch_." Castillo breathed heavily. The solid cane Dibalo carried with him slammed down on Castillo's back and he grunted.

"It's strategy. You must never have your guard down." Diablo informed both Kash and Castillo.

"Why attack us in the first place?" Castillo coughed up more blood and rolled onto his back, panting heavily.

"This..." Diablo stretched both of his hands outwards, "This is my empire and you guys are threatening it."

"Glad you know we're a threat." Castillo continued and Diablo butted him in the mouth with the cane. Castillo screamed and held his mouth.

"I mean you guys are cheating. I gave you a simple task. I wanted my drugs on the streets of San Diego. Tell me why they are in Vegas with some amateurs?"

Kash told me that Diablo isn't supposed to know about the twins and their street gang in Vegas but somehow he knows.

"How did you find out?" Kash asked Diablo as he fumed with anger and clenched his fists.

"Leandro." Diablo simply answered.

"And how did he find out?" Kash questioned.

"I know everything, Raoul. I knw for a long time. I was just waiting for you to get your life together and when Cameron here came alsong, I figured this was the right moment." Diablo chuckled.

I looked at Kash and put together what Diablo just said. He called him Raoul. "Kash..." I whispered with my voice cracking.

"Not now." Kash cut me off as he kept his gaze at Diablo "So why now? What does Cammie have to do with anything?"

"Because you were lonely and you had to do everything for yourself so now you have someone to do it all." Diablo motioned towards me and I curled up.

"What exactly are you going to do? Kill us?" Kash questioned and kept his gaze.

"No." Diablo shrugged his shoulders and paced around Castillo's body on the floor. "I don't want to kill you on the spot right here. If you die, matter fact if anyone one of you were to die, I want everyone to see. Why killl you in a cellar where no one can see the beauty of your limps being pulled apart?"

His words made my body shake with fear and even though I thought I was afraid of Kash, I wasn't as afraid of him as I am Diablo. "I want you to suffer. Start off where I brought you in. Being the underdogs. You can tell those twins out in Vegas that they did a tremendous job playing you guys out and they can take your position."