Chapter 50

She surprised us both when she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him in close while his big arms gently crossed her back. He looked at me with confusion and I looked back at Alan, who half smiled back. She pulled away from Harry and grabbed both his hands, squeezing them in hers.

"You have done so much for my daughter I wasn't aware of," she looked into his eyes and he looked back into hers. She held back the tears as she spoke to him and tried to hide the lump in her throat, "and I know that I've been unfairly harsh towards you and your true intentions but after Alan told me everything, I've come to realize that if you weren't there, he probably would've done worse to her, even with all those students around. And all those times when he has hurt her and you without hesitation came in and defended her, I thank you for. You're an amazing kid--man," she corrected with a smile and he returned it, "you're an amazing man, and I praise you for your commitment to my daughter."

I've never heard her speak like that with anyone; not even with me. She's not one to express her feelings or herself with anyone but Alan, and it was shocking yet heartwarming. Harry didn't hesitate to hug her again when she broke down and it was honestly a beautiful sight seeing him hold her the way he did with such sincerity and care. I think because she was in my position at one point she know's how it feels to love someone and to have that person there for you, and I think she's realizing just how amazing he is, and how similar he was to Alan back in high school.

She pulled away from him and wiped away her tears laughing with embarrassment. Harry assured her that she had nothing to be embarrassed over and that he not only respects me but her too.

"Three weeks is a long time." my mom said wiping her nose as we made our way to the sofas. Harry sat beside me and Alan beside her across from us.

"It really is." he sucked in his lips and rested his hands on his lap. I crossed my legs and hooked my arm around his and to be honest, I felt a little weird. She was so accepting of Harry and though she was sweet towards him, I feel as if it was typical of her to "accept" him because he "defended" me. I've told her plenty of times how much of an amazing guy Harry is and that he's nothing like the rest of the guys but she just never seemed to believe me. Then all of sudden she does. I shouldn't think this way especially after she cried in his arms and honestly, it's typical of her.

"I'm doing the best I can to bring you back as soon as possible." Alan informs. I know Harry thinks of him as dad, which is why he trusts him so much. I'm still curious about his dad though, he seemed off when I asked about him when I saw him in the picture but I hope he doesn't get upset when I ask about him.

"Liam is expelled, did he tell you that?" Alan asked.

"Yeah, we were in the room when he made the decision." Harry told him.

"Laveck should know better then to suspend you for three weeks over defense, especially over the protection of another student." my mom said crossing her legs with frustration, "that man shouldn't run a school if he can't make proper decisions." she shook her head before standing up, "I'll be back." she walked up the stairs and I immediately turned to Alan.

"What was that all about?"

"What?"

"Her crying?"

"She was just worried, that's all." he shrugged, "what did you guys do when you got home?" he asked with curiosity.

"Nothing." Harry jumped in, "just ate and helped with her cheek." he said looking at me.

"How is it?" he asked looking at it.

"Fine, kind of hurts but it's alright. Did they say anything to you?"