Chapter 41

When we arrived, nurses immediately took him and aided his hand. He had a few minor cuts and heavy bruises on his knuckles, but ended up causing some damage to his wrist. He winced and groaned as they rubbed and pressed it asking him if he could "feel this" or "does it hurt when I do this?" The pain got worse and his wrist began to change colors very quickly.

We were there for hours. My mom called and I told her what happened and surprisingly she didn't overreact. We argued for a few minutes because I didn't call her to tell her where I was, but when I explained everything she didn't seem as angry anymore. Alan talked to his mom and asked how everything was going and what not; normal parent conversations I don't really pay much attention to. Kaitlyn called and asked where we were and I explained everything to her. She was really worried and even said Leo came home angry and went straight to his room to pack.

"I can't wait until he fucking leaves." Harry said quietly. His mom looked away and rested her elbow on the armrest while her hand held her chin up. Obviously this was all hurting her since she barely spoke and remained in deep thought 90% of the time. Leo never called or anything; not even a text to check up on him. I guess that just shows how heartless he really is.

"It hurts, it really fucking hurts!" his face twisted in pain as he bit down on his lip, shutting his eyes as we waited for the nurse to put his brace on.

"I know, hun. Just sit still." I rubbed his back and he squeezed his arm just above the injury and clenched his jaw, sucking in his lips and squeezing his eyes shut.

The poor thing went through so much; they had to take x-rays, do MRI's; I've never seen him in so much pain and my heart broke everytime he groaned trying not to scream.

"Okay, Harry Styles..." the doctor finally walked in flipping through the papers on his clipboard. He lowered his glasses on his nose and shut the door behind him, "everything is fine." his mom sighed in relief, shutting her eyes and rubbing her forehead, "It's a Grade 1 sprain, nothing too serious. The impact didn't effect any other bones but you'll still have to wear the splint brace. So all you have to do is not apply pressure to it to keep it from getting worse. So that means no working out, no heavy lifting--the usual things. The brace will keep your wrist from becoming immobile and will restore your joints to recreate its stability."

"How long do I have to keep it on?" Harry's voice was flooded in pain and weakness.

"Not too long, maybe a month or two, or however long it takes for it to heal. We don't want to keep it in for too long, that will only cause more stiffness and that's the last thing we want." he said writing on his notepad, "I'm going to prescribe some medication to help with the swelling and pain." he licked his finger and tore it off the pad handing it to his mom,"go to your local pharmcy and get that tonight. He needs to take it four times a day until his check up next week." he took his glasses off and slid it in his coat pocket, "besides that, he's good to go. Just be very careful and make sure to get plenty of rest." he wished us a goodnight and left the room while his mom gathered her things.

He ran his fingers through his hair, sighing strongly and licking his dried lips.

"Are you thirsy?" I asked holding his uninjured hand.

"Yeah." his voice was so little, so weak and almost sounded defeated. It's like I didn't even recognize him.

"I'll get you something to drink." he nodded and walked with his mom to the car and I went to the vending machine to buy him a pepsi.

It hurt me so much that he was in so much pain. I hate seeing him upset and hurt, it just makes me want to cry. Everything was fine until Leo came in and ruined it and I only wished he wasn't there at all. The whole six hours that we were there he barely spoke, and when he did it was because he was in pain. I felt like I let him down or failed as a girlfriend in some way. If I didn't come over Harry wouldn't have hit the wall and he wouldn't have a sprained wrist and I blame myself 100%. Everything was fine when we were in the room. He was happy and smiling and I even made him happy with the "pretty little lips" of mine that he loves so much. I feel so bad for him because his past was so fucked up and he's trying so hard to move on but he can't. He's trying so hard to forget but something always comes back to remind him of it. If there was anything I could do to make him happy, anything at all in this world, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. He deserves so much more then what he gets and as his girlfriend I'll make sure that happens. Even if it's just me bringing him a little bit of joy or happiness, I will never stop giving it to him because deserves to be happy.

"Here you go." I handed Harry the bottle of Pepsi and slid in close next to him as his mom drove back to the house.

"Do you want me to drop you off at home?" she looked at me through the rear-view-mirror.

"Do you want me to?" I quietly asked Harry.

"No," he replied after swallowing his soda, "but I don't want you around him." he grabbed my hand and held it tight in his. I looked up at his mom and when we made eye contact, she gave me a small smile and I returned it.

"You go home and I'll drop her off." he told us capping his drink.

"No!" his mother and I said at the same time.

"Harry, you're not driving." she strictly said switching lanes, "didn't you hear what the doctor said?"

"He didn't say I couldn't drive." he reminded.

"You can't with one hand."

"I always drive with one hand." he argued.

"Harry," she warned, "you're not driving. After I get your medication you're going to take it and sleep. He said you need to rest and that's exactly what you're going to do. Do you hear me?" she stopped at the red light and turned to look at him.

"Yeah." he looked down at his lap.

"Good." she turned back around and sighed.

She looked so stressed and exhausted. I know all she wanted was to have a good lunch but I think she knew something was going to happen with them two. I can't imagine having to deal with that everyday and try to stay calm and collected. I don't know how long Leo has been here, but he's leaving tonight, I'm assuming since he said it. It's crazy how so much can happen in a snap of a finger but it's not like it could've been prevented. He must have been listening to Harry and I talk which explains how he heard me tell Harry to let me go. But I'm proud of Harry for not hitting him; the result obviously would've been worse then a sprained wrist, but I'm glad he punched the wall instead of him, no matter how much of an asshole his step-father is, it would've been so much worse if they fought.

"Before I drop you off, I'm going to stop at the pharmacy. Is that alright?" she asked me.

"Yes, of course." She pulled up at CVS and quickly unbuckled her belt and grabbed her purse.

"I'll be right back." she hopped out and hugged herself as she run inside the store and Harry lifted his head from mine and rubbed it.

"Are you okay?" I asked turning my body to face him.

"Yeah." he whispered shutting his eyes and wincing as he tried to move his fingers.

"I'm sorry." I frowned.

He opened his eyes and pulled his brows together in confusion, "for what?"

"For everything. If I hadn't came today you wouldn't have hurt yourself."

He slowly shook his head and pulled me into his chest, "don't." his whisper was clear in the silent car and I felt the tears roll down my cheek.

"You're always crying." he pointed out through a small smile. He wiped it away and kissed my cheek before placing his large hand on my thigh.

"I just want you to be happy." I managed to say without fully breaking down. The guilt was like poison in me; it was killing me.

"I am happy." he lied at his best.

"Then I want you to be even more happy." I traced over his brace and he watched me carefully, "I don't want you to be in pain."

"Listen," he pinched my chin with thumb and index to bring my head up that fell with guilt. His touch always sparks my body and it's even the littlest touch that makes me feel alive, "quit apologizing for everything. You didn't do anything wrong." he looked into my eyes and smiled through his pain. He probably saw a glimps of happiness in mine, but in his all I saw was a weary, unrecognizable, and exhausted man.

I didn't want to frustrate him by protesting against his words so I nodded my head and agreed with him. He threw him injured arm around my neck and his braced wrist hung out in front of me. When we're usually in positions like this, I intertwine my fingers with his but this time I couldn't.

I really need to relax. My body is just flooded with different emotions making things even more difficult. I can't just sit here and tell him how I feel; I can't just express myself when he's not even stable or in the right place. If I do tell him, I'm only going to stress him out more and I don't want to do that.

After twenty minutes, his mom finally came back.

"Okay!" she breathed slamming the door shut and quickly turning the ignition on.

"Did you get it?" Harry asked.

"Yeah." she took it out of her coat pocket and gave it to him. He placed it on his lap and turned his head towards the window and remained silent the rest of the way. When we reached my house, she slowly pulled up and turned around.

"I'm sorry about everything love, I hope this didn't ruin your night." her voice held strong regret and sadness.

"No, no. Don't worry about it. It's fine. I'm just glad he's okay." I leaned forward and hugged her and she did as well. But the way she wrapped her weak arms around me was very different. She hugged me with sincerity and hugged me as if she has been craving one for a long time.

"Goodnight, darling." she let me go and turned back to face the wheel while I leaned in and gave Harry a kiss on the lips.

"I love you." he whispered unwillingly pulling away so I could leave.

"I love you too." I rubbed his thigh before I left and said a last goodbye to his mom and thanked her for driving me.

"Wait!" Harry said before I shut the door. I fully opened it and leaned back in when he stepped out.

"Harry, what are you doing?" his mom wondered watching him walk around the front of the car to my side.

"I'll walk you up." he said shutting my door and grabbing my hand. From the corner of my eye I saw his mom smile and I did as well.

"You didn't have to." I told him while we walked up the stairs to my front door.

"But I wanted to." when we reached the front door he looked back at his mom who was watching us and she had the silliest smile on her face and I couldn't help but to giggle. He turned his back and his cheeks flushed a little, making him look adorable as the cold air hit his hair.

"Make sure to rest, okay?" I tell him running my fingers through his quiff.

"Mmm," he hummed, "I will." his voice was deep and raspy and when he spoke, the cold air came out like smoke from his mouth.

"I wish you could come in." I pouted tracing his chest with my finger.

"I do too." he stuck his bottom lip out making him look even more admiring.

"Well," I leaned to look past him to look at his mom and she was busy on her phone, "she's waiting for you, you should go." I forced the words out.

"Okay, I'll call you later." he promised pulling me in for a hug. Despite the cold weather his arms were warm around my body. He lifted my chin and kissed me one last time before pulling away.

"Bye, baby." he half smiled.

"Bye." I waved. I waved goodbye to his mom as she drove away and I turned to enter the house. When I turned the nob, it was locked and I remembered that I didn't have my key with me.

"Fuck!" I whisper yelled. I knocked and banged on the door for what seemed like forever but no one answered. I pulled out my phone and called my mom but she didn't pick up. I groaned in frustration and walked to the back to see if her car was in the garage but it wasn't. I then called Alan and finally after calling him six times in a row he answered.

"Where are you?!" I yelled into it.

"Hello to you to!" I could tell he was smiling.

"Alan, it's freezing outside! Where are you?" I crossed my other hand over my chest and waited.

"We're out eating. Don't you have a key?"

"No, I don't have a key." I said coldly, "can you come home and open the door?"

"Aleevonne," he laughed, "I'm not leaving just to open the door."

"Well what the hell am I supposed to do!?"

"Climb the window." I heard my mom laugh in the background and I stomped my foot, "I'm only kidding! Go to Ava's. Do you want me to call her mom?" he suggested and I declined.

"No. I'll call her. You just eat your food."

"Do you want us to bring you something?" he asked.

"No," I sighed, "I'll call you later, I guess."

"Okay, be careful." I hung up and slid the phone in my pocket.

I was a bit hesitant to call Ava because it would just be out of the blue. We've been sort of ignoring each other, I mean she hasn't even called me or texted me since like...I can't even rememeber! I wish I got Harley's number so I could have someone to hang out with. She's not that bad actually. She's was adorable and funny, and the way she looked at Harry at the party still makes me laugh.

After walking around my neighborhood for ten minutes I finally called Ava; and like I predicted, she didn't answer.

I bet she saw my name and ignored me or laughed. It makes me sad because I never thought we'd drift apart like this. We grew up together; we're practically sisters and I do miss her. I just feel like she feels like Harry is competition because I spend more time with him then with her.

So Harry's off the list of people to call, Ava's off the list, Liam isn't even on the list, and that only leaves one person; Zayn.

"C'mon Zayn pick up!" I whisper edto myself walking back to my house. I waited...and waited; ring after ring...after ring, "buttface!" I yelled into my phone.

"You're a buttface.." I heard the deep voice on the other end of the line and I laughed.

"Took you long enough!" I said and he laughed.

"Sorry, I was in the shower. You alright?"

"Oh, okay. And yeah, I'm good. I just kind of need you..." I realized that I sounded weird and I figured he took it the wrong way when he hesitated.

"Oh--uh..."

"No! No!" I laughed at myself, "I mean, my parents aren't home and I don't have a key so I'm kind of stranded," I explained, "and Ava isn't answering her phone so I was wondering if you could pick me up?"

"Yeah, yeah! No problem. How long have you been waiting out there?" I could hear him walking around and drawers opening and closing.

"About fifteen minutes."

"What?" he stopped his movement, "wow, okay. I'll be there soon."

"Okay, take your time." I said sweetly and he chuckled.

"Alright babe, bye."

The other line clicked and I locked my phone waiting for him to come. If you would've told me two months ago that I'd be calling Zayn and hanging out with him and telling him about my relationship's I'd laugh in your face. We're like siblings; we fight each other and mess around with each other but I guess it's nice being on his good side. He's a true sweetheart, only when he wants to be, but I love him regardless.

"Hurry! Get in!" he opened my door from the inside and I sat in hugging myself and shivering.

"Hey!" I smiled leaning in and kissing his cheek.

"Hi." he smiled turning away. His cheeks flushed a little which made me giggle and he turned the heat on high.

"Fuck, it's freezing!" he gasped.

"I'm numb so I don't know what you're talking about." I joked and he looked at me.

"Are you really?" he looked concern.

"I'm kidding." I smiled, "thanks for picking me up."

"Anytime." he beamed leaning back against his seat leaving one hand on the wheel and the other on the box between the seats,"where's Harry?"

"At home. We just got back from the hospital." I said and he shot his head to look at me.

"Why?"

"He sprained his wrist. He had to get a brace." I frowned looking out the window.

"What happened?" he wondered.

"I'll explain when we get to your house." he knodded and began to tell me about going back to college soon. I was a bit sad because I really didn't want him to go.

"You don't want me to go?"

"No." I crossed my legs to feel more comfortable.

"Why?"

"Who will pick me up when I'm stranded outside my house?"

"Your boyfriend." he chuckled turning the wheel to pull up in his neighborhood.

"And if he's busy?"

"Ava." he turned the ignition off and just as he did, a black car pulled up in front of the house and Ava stepped out.

"What a coincidence..." his face held no expression. His lips were in a straight line when he looked at me and it left me a bit suspicious. When Ava saw us, her eyes widened but quickly recovered and smiled. She waved at us and ran in the house; I'm assuming because it was cold.

"Let's go." he said pulling his key out.

We stepped out of the car and we both practically ran into the house.

"Shit!" he laughed shutting the door and locking it. He has a nice smile; a stunning one actually, "I'll make some tea."

When we walked into the kitchen, Ava ran behind us and called my name.

"Where have you been?!" she asked hugging me tightly.

"Where have you been?!" I repeated emphasizing "you."

"I was out with a friend." she smiled at Zayn and he shook his head turning back into the kitchen.

"You smell like a man.." I laughed smelling her neck.

Wait.

That smell...

"Do I?" she rubbed it with her hand and smelled it, "Guess you're right!" she laughed walking into the kitchen.

I know that smell from anywhere...

*sorry for the late and short update. I hope you all enjoyed it! please don't forget to comment vote and share! thank you!! *