Chapter 13

*Mrs. Croulet is played by Rachel McAdams :)*

Today was a somewhat nice way to start the week. Aside from Liam begging me to take him back and him trying to ruin something that could potentially happen between Harry and I, I'd say today was a rather relaxing day. Harry had a roster change and was coincidently switched to all my classes. Before we only had four out of seven and I think it'll be...interesting having him with me all day. He offered me a seat with him and his friends at lunch and I like them. They are the complete opposite of Harry when it comes to appearances but they all get along very well. I saw a different side of Harry at lunch today, he was relaxed and happy, he laughed a lot and I couldn't help but to laugh when he did, it was so contagious! His friends are hilarious especially this one kid named Conor. Harry said he grew up with him back in the UK and that they were childhood friends. He's probably of the one of the funniest guys I've met. His accent makes all his jokes a hundred times funnier and he's very friendly. Before Harry and Conor, I thought Liam was the only British person in my school. I even found out that there's an Irish kid who's new on the team. Apparently he moved from Ireland and his soccer skills are "wicked." Noel? Noah? Neil? I don't remember but I've heard great things about him.

I felt like I've gotten to know Harry more in the passed few hours and I think he's a great person. I really like the way his lips move when he speaks, and when he tells a funny story or joke he literally smiles from beginning to end and its the cutest.

I haven't seen Liam all day. Not that I cared, I guess I was just curious. But I usually see him in the halls between third and fourth period, I guess he took another way or decided to skip and hang out in the gym like he did last year.

Last period came along and we had Music. Harry and I walked in together and he sat right beside me, just like in every class so far today.

"It feels so nice in here." He said leaning back into his chair. His shirt lifted when he stretched and his torso was exposed.

I was staring again.

"Bonjour classe!" Mrs. Croulet greeted. Though this wasn't French class, she always greeted us in French. She's from Quebec and she says that she always mixes her French and English when she's speaking. It's actually quite fascinating. I love when she spoke it because it's a very beautiful language and her pronunciation was flawless, plus I've always wanted to speak it so I kind of learned a little from her.

"I said bonjour classe!" She repeated smiling knowing half the kids had no idea what she said.

"Jeez, didn't you guys take French last year?"

"Nope." A student called. "They just added French."

"You mean you guys never had French? Just Spanish?" She said with shock and disbelief.

"Yeah, they said it wasn't imporant." Another kid answered.

"Well than, I should take a class period and give you all a little lesson on French. " She smiled. She took her cardigan off and threw it around her chair, taking a sip of water from her bottle.

"Okay, let's get started. Music!" She clapped her hands together and leaned against her desk.

"What does music mean to you?" She asked looking around. "Ah, Danny! What does music mean to you?" She pulled herself away from the desk and slowly made her way over next to him as he spoke.

"Music is like, it's like a journal, you know? A journal that was written for you, expressing exactly how you feel." He explained.

"Like a journal? I like that!" She said excitedly.

"How about you Harry, what does music mean to you? Or rather, what does music DO to you?" She stood in front of his desk with her hands behind her back, and had a sweet smile on her face.

"Music is like..my therapist." He answered putting his hand on his chest. "It calms me down, and like Danny boy said, it understands me." He said smiling while tracing his bottom lip with his index.

"Good comparison! 'Like a Therapist!'" She repeated. "I like that! And what type of music do you like? What genre do you prefer the most?"

"Classical."

"Classical?" She, along with the class and myself, was very shocked. "Really?" She almost seemed amused.

"And why classical?"

"I like to listen to a song and write out the story in my head. I come up with the lyrics myself except I imagine it, instead of writing it." He explained vividly.

"Do you play any intruments?"

"I play piano, yes."

"Did you take any lessons?"

"No, self taught." He smiled with a bit of pride.

"Do you write your own music?"

"All the time."

"Really? That's impressive Harry, maybe you can play for us one day." He laughed and shook his head agreeing and she continued on with her lesson.

I don't know what it is but I find it to be very attractive that he knows how to play piano. If anything, I thought he was into rock or heavy metal, not classical. And I was growing curious about the music he writes. I would love to hear one of his pieces.

"All you have to do is find a song that means a lot to you and be prepared to explain to the class why you chose that song and how you relate to it. Have a great rest of the day!"

"I didn't know you liked classical music?" I tell Harry as we walked out together.

"There's a lot you don't know." He said looking at me before opening his locker and tossing his book in without a care.

"I'd like to hear some of your music." I said while we walked to my locker.

"Maybe one day." He leaned against the locker beside mine and crossed his ankles. He took his phone out of his pocket and I carried on with neatly stacking my books in and grabbing my bag.

"You're such a neat freak." He laughed.

"Honestly, I'm not. I'm the messiest person." It's true, I'm a slob.

"You consider that messy?" He said pointing to the books.

"I stack them by order of which my classes are in." I said emphasizing on each word. He chuckled and I closed my locker. He placed his phone back into his pocket and we both began to walk down the halls. When we walked outside and down the stairs to the sidewalk, Alan was waiting for me. Harry and I approched him and Alan rolled his window down.

"I'll give you ride home darling." He offered.

"Actually, she's going to be with me." Harry told him. Alan's eyes widened than he smiled with acceptance.

"Oh, okay! I trust you with my daughter Harold," Harold. I laugh everytime. "You have my number Alee, just call me if you need anything."

"Okay, but can you take my bag it's kind of heavy?" I tossed my bag in the front seat and he pulled the seat belt over it.

"It's safe with me." He joked. I laughed and we both waved goodbye as he drove away.

"So, what are we going to do?" I asked him watching my feet as we walked to his car.

"Are you hungry?"

"Yea, I am."

"I am too, do you want to stop somewhere to eat?" We turned the corner into the school's parking lot and Harry took out his keys and pressed a button to unlock his door.

"Yeah!" I smiled. He opened my door for me and I sat in. He shut it and walking in front of the car, taking his seat pulling his seat belt across his chest. He turned the ignition on and Crawling by Linkin Park was playing.

"I thought you liked classical?"

"I like other music too." He said as if he stated something obvious.

"Hmm, I love them." I tell him. He looked at me and laughed.

"You? You like Linkin Park?" He asked surprisingly. He looked at the road in front of him than back at me.

"Yeah. And why did you say it like that?" I asked curiously.

"Because you seem like the type of person who likes pop, or techno."

"I actually like both.." We both laughed and he turned the music off, switching it to Yanni, one of my favorite music composers.

"One Mans Dream?" The familiar keys beautifully seeped through the speakers of the car and I leaned it to turn it up.

"You know him?" Why is he so surprised with everything I say? It's kind of funny to be honest because his reactions are priceless.

"Of course!" I say closing my eyes and swaying to the rhythm of the song.

"It's one of my favorites." He tells me.

"Can you play it on the piano?"

"Yeah." He said nodding.

"Wow, that's hard. Isn't it?"

"At first it was. But the more I practiced the easier it became."

"That's really cool." I smiled.

"Thank you." We pulled up at restaurants called "Forte" but the lott was empty.

"Shit, are they closed?" He pressed his chest against the wheel to look out the window to see.

"I think they are, the lights are off." I tell him.

"Fuck." He groaned.

"We could go somewhere else?" I suggested.

"I don't want to go somewhere else. I love this place." He pouted.

"Someone's stubborn.." I teased. He chuckled through his nose and backed out of the parking lott.

"Why don't we eat at your place?" I don't know why I suggested that. I was thinking it but I didn't expect myself to ask, and I surely didn't expect his response.

"My place?" He thought about it for a few seconds before speaking. "Sure, my mum makes amazing burgers she could make us some." He offered turning into an exit.

"Ill text her and tell her to make some."

Wow. Meet his mom? Doesn't she work or something? Did he tell her that I was with him? I felt a bit nervous meeting her. I mean, parents usually love me but I thought it was too soon meeting his mom, especially since we're not dating and we'll go through that awkward moment where he says "she's a friend from school" and I uncomfortably wave and smile. I guess it could be fun. I'm hoping Amilia is there since I've heard so much about her.

"Why are you so quiet?" I didn't realize the music was off and once he asked I noticed how completely silent it was.

"Oh, nothing. I was just--nothing..." I uncomfortably smiled.

"You're doing it again."

"Doing what?"

"Not finishing your sentences." He laughed switching lanes to take another exit.

"Sorry." I apologized feeling embarrassed.

"Well, tell me what you were thinking."

"You want me to tell you my thoughts?"

"You were obliviously lost in it I'm curious."

"I was thinking about the burgers." I lied. He laughed and slightly threw his head back.

"Burgers? You're really that hungry?"

"You have no idea." I shook my head and laughed along with him. The ride wasn't too long it was about thirty minutes away, and when we pulled up at his house my eyes widened.

"What?" He asked turning the ignition off.

"I didn't realize you lived so close to me!" I live like two minutes away from him, but I take a completely different way.

"Really?" He seemed to be happy.

"Yeah, I live on Rorer street."

"Oh wow! That's like right down the road! I had no idea!" He stepped out of the car and I opened my door.

"Get back in." He tells me marching up to me.

"Why?"

"I'm supposed to open your door." He actually seemed upset.

"It's fine." I laughed. I shut the door but he caught the handle before it fully closed. He pulled it open and waited for me to get back in.

"You can't be serious!" I laughed even harder. He looked at me with the straightest most serious face and my smile dropped.

"Okay, okay!" I got back in and he shut it, than re opened it again.

"Happy now?" I asked stepping out.

"Very!" He smiled widely as he shut the door. We walked up the path and up the stairs to his house. You could already smell the food, and it was amazing.

"Mum?" Harry called as we walked in.

"Kitchen, love!" Her voice was so adorable.

"This way." He began to walk and I literally took small steps behind him. He turned around noticing my hesitation and stopped.

"You alright?"

"It's just.."

"You're not nervous, are you?" He asked trying not to laugh.

"It's not funny!"

"Oh stop! She'll like you! She likes everyone, literally!" I giggled and followed him into the kitchen. She had a pair of white jeans and a button up blouse on with grey flats and a purple apron around her waist. Her hair was in a high pony tale and had a plate of burgers in her hands.

"Hi darling, how was scho--" She turned around and was startled by my presence, guess he didn't tell her I was with him. She looked at Harry than back at me, than back at Harry.

"This is Aleevonne, she's a friend from school." Told you.

"Oh!" She placed the plate on the table and wiped her hands on her apron before pulling me into a hug.

"Nice to meet you Aleevonne! You're a lovely little thing! You're eyes are gorgeous!" She complimented.

"Thank you." I blushed. " And Alee, please call me Alee." I kindly said.

"Okay, well have a seat, make yourself comfortable love."

"I need to change, I'll be back." He said. He left for not even thirty seconds with a new pair of dark grey jeans that perfectly fit his legs.

"That was fast." I say.

"Can't waste time when there's food." He smiled.

"Harry!?" A high pitched voice echoed.

"Emmy?" Harry smiled as a little girl ran toward him. He went down on one knee and she jumped in his arms. He stood up and swung her around hugging her tightly while her tiny arms wrapped around his neck.

"You're late!" Her adorable British accent made me smile.

"Sorry princess!" He kissed her nose and she wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Who's that?" She asked pointing to me.

"That's my friend, Alee." He said smiling at me, than at her.

This felt extremely weird but I was happy at the same time.

"Oh, hi Alee!" Her cute little hand waved at me and I waved back.
She whispered something in his ear and he nodded in response.

"I'm Amilia!" She said loudly.

"That's a beautiful name!"

"Thank you!" Harry sat down next to me and Amilia next to her mom as they sat across from us. The burgers were in front of us beside other different plates full of lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and other things. It was a like a 'self make burger' buffet.

"It's nice meeting one of Harrys friends, he usually doesn't bring them home." She tells me biting into her food.

"Yeah, he has no friends." Amilia joked. Harry tossed a piece of lettuce
at her face and she gasped than burst out laughing.

"So, are you two in the same classes?"

"Yes we are."

"That's lovely." She happily smiled.

"Her step dad is Alan." Harry tells her.

"Oh really?" She cheerfully says. "He's a wonderful man, he helped my Harry with a lot!"

Really? Maybe that's why they're so close and comfortable around each other.

"Thank you, and yeah he really likes Harry." She smiled at my words and wiped her mouth with her napkin.

"Would you like anything to drink?"

"Water please." Harry says.

"Me too." I tell her when she asks.

"Harry was right, you're really pretty Alee." Amilia tells me swinging her legs and smiling as she rocked back and forth in her chair. Harry nearly choked on his food and I looked over to make sure he was okay. I swear to God my cheeks were so red they could've caught on fire. Harry punched his chest with his fist and cleared his throat.

"You alright." His mom asked placing the cups of water in front of us.

"Mmm." He responding drinking his water, trying to hide his smile.

I smiled very big because of what she said. Harry really told her about me? He thinks i'm pretty? I feel like a little girl crushing! I couldn't stop smiling at the thought. I guess he does like me as much as I like him, and if that's the case, than maybe something will happen between us.