Chapter 9

I awoke to the strong and delicous smell of bacon. It was the first time in ages that I woke up with a smile on my face and it put me in a really good mood. It was sad that food was able to make me smile but not actual humans.

I hopped out of bed and washed my face then brushed my teeth and hair. I threw on a pair of grey tights and a plain black tank top and headed downstairs.

"Wakey wakey sleepy head." My mom smiled as she scrambled the eggs.

"Morning." I took my seat next to Alan while he flipped through the newspaper.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked tossing his glasses on the table.

"Fine, and youself?"

"Great, very nice."

I was really trying my best to bond with him. I knew that's what he and especially my mom wanted so I put alot of effort into communicating with him more.

"Alee," He said putting down the newspaper. "I'm going to do some grocery shopping, do you want me to drop you off at the mall or something?" He offered.

I hadn't made any plans, and I really wanted to get out more and hang out with Ava since I couldn't see her that much outside of school.

"Yeah, sure. I'll call Ava and ask if she wants to come." I leaned over the table and grabbed the bacon from off the plate and some eggs, then poured myself a glass of juice.

"Want some?" I held up the pitcher of orange juice and he declined.

"I have to run down to the office later to pick up some paper work." My mom said wiping her hands on the towel.

"On a Sunday?" Alan questioned.

"Yeah, I've been running back and forth because of the business trip, I have to make sure I have everything. The last thing I want is to forget something important." She took her seat next to him and served herself. "So Alee, how's school? Make any new friends?" She took a sip of her orange juice and watched me carefully.

"It's a new semester, not year but yeah, I made a few." I smiled picking the eggs with my fork.

"Any boys?" I looked up at her and she was wiggling her eye brows and Alan chuckled lightly.

"No mom." I shook my head and stood up, placing my dish next to the sink.

"She met a nice boy." Alan said.

I turned around and glared at him and he smiled in response. I knew he meant Harry and I didn't know why he liked him so much and why he always brought him up. It wasn't like we were interested in each other and it wasn't like anything was going happen even if we were.

"A boy?" Her eyes went wide and she placed her cup down. "What's he like?" She was overly excited.

"He's nobody mom. Don't worry about it." I jokingly stuck my tongue out at Alan and he did it back.

"I'll go call Ava." I kissed my mom's cheek and gave Alan a slap on the back.

I ran upstairs and quickly bagan to change. I grabbed my phone and called Ava as I did and threw it on the bed and put it on speaker so I could multi-task and not waste time.

"Hello!" She greeted.

"Mornin', are you busy today?" I opened my drawer and pulled out a blue and white plaided shirt and put it on unbuttoned

"No, why? You wanna go out?"

"Yeah, Alan offered to take me to the mall while he does some shopping." I opened my closet door and took out my black Doc Martens, then grabbed a pair of denim ripped jeans.