Chapter 5

The thing that had surprised me the most was that once Liam came closer to us, Harry's hand touched mine and he stepped back closer to me. And for the first time in a really long time, I actually felt safe.

"Li--Liam stop!" I managed to choke out. A huge lump grew in my throat and it was hard for me to speak. I was feeling so overwhelmed and afraid I couldn't even stand straight. They didn't know each other and they were going to fight over me; I didn't like that.

"Freak?" Harry repeated in Liam face. Liam responded with a smirk, he knew what was going to happen and he was ready for it. Liam loved to fight, he always won and he never backed out. The fear was increasing and I was beginning to panic as they exchanged insults and curse words. I tried to move but Harry held me back protecting me from him.

"You really want to get in my face, Liam? After what happened last time I thought you learned your lesson." Harry grinned.

They knew each other? What happened last time?

"You think you're so tough don't you? You leave for a year and come back with these pathetic tattoo's and holes in your face thinking you run the place. Let's get one thing straight Styles, nothing has changed. You're the still same loser you were in freshman year." Liam smirked stepping back. "You're still a nobody." He laughed shaking his head. Harry didn't say anything and only stood there with a cleanched jaw. His fists were so tighly balled that they were practically white.

"Liam, just leave!" I yelled. Harry's hand met my wrist as I stepped in front of Liam and he pulled me back.

"Nobody?" Harry repeated through a wicked smile. "Was I a nobody when your mom left you and your dad beat you? Was I a nobody when I fought your fights because you were too much of a bitch to fight yourself? Was I a nobody when you put that gun to your head?" Harry asked stepping closer to him. I gasped in shock when I heard him say that and they both looked at me, "You think because you're on some shit team and have your face framed on a wall that you're better than me? You're not better than me Liam, we both know that. If anything, you should be thanking me."

"Liam what's he talking about!?" I was so angry and confused all at the same time. He was never suicidal, he was never even around his dad because he lived with him mom. He had told me he moved to Texas after the divorce and I refused to believe that the whole time we were together he was lying to me. Sure it was a fucking horrible relationship but I did love him and I knew he loved me so he couldn't have possibly been lying to me the whole time.

"What are you trying to do?" Liam calmly asked Harry. "You think by bringing this up she'll want to be with you? You're not going to have her Harry." It was so odd; is tone was so calm and regular, so unfamiliar, but Harry's smile faded into a frown, then quickly shifted into anger.

"You think that's what this is about?" Harry said through his teeth.

"Liam," I interupted "How do you--"

"Payne?" Mr. Joseph called out as he turned from the corner. He had a huge smile on his face obviously happy to see his star player.

"Coach, how are you?" He said shaking his hand trying to cover up whatever just happened.

"I'm well son, how are you? How was your break?"

"It was great. How was yours?" He asked as Mr. Joseph crossed him arms.

"Very relaxing! Have you been practicing? I don't want my star to lose his touch." He winked. I heard Harry scoff which made Mr.Joseph turn around.

"Is there a problem, Mr. Styles?" Harry put his hands in his pockets and slowly exhaled.

"No."

"You know Harry," He said walking up to him, placing his hand on his shoulder. "We'd really love to have you back on the team. You were one of the best we had." He smiled and Harry looked over at his hand that was on his shoulder.