Chapter 39

*Harry's dad, Leonardo(Leo), is played by Tom Hardy.*

"Father?" my eyes remained on Harry's and he closed his and sighed; obviously upset that his mother told me his little "secret."

"Well, step-father." she corrected, "he's been in London for the past few weeks because of work and he just came back a few day's ago." she seemed oblivious to Harry's reaction and continued, "you'll adore him! He's a very charming guy." she smiled opening the cabinet.

Harry never told me about him; he's never even mentioned that he had a step-father and anger immediately ignited through my body.

"Oh, that's nice." I replied quickly drawing cirlces on the marbled counter with my finger tip. I felt Harry's eyes on me but I couldn't look up at him. Harry wrapped his arm around my waist and for the first time since I've known him, I wanted to push it away.

"Come upstairs with me." he whispered in my ear grabbing my hand. His mom quickly turned around with a frown on her face and I pulled out of his grip.

"I was really enjoying your company." she tells me and I felt bad.

"We're just going upstairs for a few minutes." he rolled his eyes at her sensitivity.

"Can it wait?" I was annoyed and frustrated with him that I didn't want to go anywhere with him.

"No." he replied emotionless grabbing my hand and dragging me up the stairs. I was holding back and he literally dragged me to his room and shut the door behind us. I crossed my arms and looked away; hearing his heavy sigh before cleaning his throat.

"I can explain..." he said stepping closer to me.

"You lied to me." I felt so hurt as the words I thought I'd never speak towards him left my lips with an unfamiliar, yet sour taste.

"I didn't lie, I just never told you." he corrected as if it made a difference.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" my hands dropped to my side and my eyebrows pulled together waiting for him to answer.

"Because he's not important, that's why.

"He's your da--"

"No he's not!" he interrupted harshly, "he's not my father. And because he's not, there was no reason for me to tell you about him. "

"But that still doesn't mean you shouldn't have told me. I tell you everything, Harry. I haven't kept anything from you and you can't even do the same."

"What? I tell you everything, what are you talking about?"

"Obviously not." I looked away and he shook his head.

"Like what? Hmm. When have I ever kept anything from you?" he demanded to know.

"Like what Niall said." I brought up again and the irritation filled his body making him shut his eyes to calm himself.

"I told you to stop asking me about that." he said through his teeth.

"No, you didn't. You said to ask you and not to go behind your back. So I'm asking you now, what did he mean?"

"Don't change the damn subject. I'm not hiding anything from you. This isn't even considered hiding I just never told you. There's a big fucking difference." he turned around and began to slowly pace back and forth.

"You've met my step dad!" I said and he chuckled.

"That's because he was my teacher. Why are you so upset about this?" he stopped walking beside the shelf and placing his hand on it to lean.