Chapter 95

"Behave." A smile small peeps through her whisper while she squeezes my hand with the utmost fear. She's afraid he's going to drive me away and force me to leave her. He's a funny man, he really is.

"Where have you been?" Alan walks from the kitchen and into the living room. His sleeves are rolled up with his glasses fallen on his nose and Alee nervously shuts the door. I feel helpless as to how to make her nerves go away. I just wish she had the same amount of confidence as I do. She did earlier, but somehow it has all vanished.

"We just went to grab something to eat." She tugs my mothers sleeves over her hands and looks to me. Her beautiful brown eyes twinkle underneath the dimmed lights and despite her apparent nerves and tense expression, she looks gorgeous. How can I let her go? How can someone make me let her go? This girl is my everything, I'm not going to let it happen. Just the thought fucking pisses me off.

"For three hours?" He interrogates. Can he just shut the fuck up? All he ever does is give her attitude and quite frankly, I'm sick of it.

"Alan," Her very pregnant mum walks out of the kitchen and stands behind her overbearing husband to place a gentle hand on his shoulder with a small warning, "I told you to behave yourself." For a second there, I saw Alee in her while she scolded the clearly frustrated man.

The only thing keeping me in control is her tight grip around my hand. Her fingers are tiny, but man can they squeeze. She's holding on for the life of her but I don't get why she's suddenly so afraid. Something is going on in that head of hers and it's fucking with her. Maybe it's just from what happened last night, and I understand, but if we're going to fight for us, I need her to be one the same page with me.

"Sit." He orders flicking his head towards the direction of the couch and we follow. She takes small steps, still holding my hand, and I remain behind her admiring her features from behind. Her ass looks great in those jeans. My mums jeans....never mind.

"How was school?" Her mum smiles sitting right beside Alan across from us. She doesn't seem as upset as Alan, if anything, she looks just as unwillingly present as me.

"Fine." She shrugs. Her eyes dart around the room, thinking and avoiding at the same time while I awkwardly stare at the man deliberately ruining my life as he takes his cheap glasses off.

"And you?" She smiles towards me, "how was your day?"

"It was well, thank you." I'm not going to be rude to her. She deserves much more respect than Alan and her kind tone is somewhat comforting.

It quiet now, no one is talking and the room is just filled with awkward stares and uncomfortable shifts. I can practically hear Alee's heart beat out of her chest and I only wish I could hear what she's thinking. I know she's not doubtful and I'm positive she doesn't want to leave me, it's just the fear of me leaving her, I think, is what's bothering her.

If nobody is going to start this conversation, then I might as well. "I love her." I open the silence with my truthful declare, "I love her a lot." He looks at me like I'm some pathetic scumbag and rolls his eyes. This filter I just created is already breaking.

Aleevonne's POV:

I want to scream and cry because I have simply given up. I don't want to give up, I don't want them to win but Alan is so much more capable of destroying us. I have no confidence left in me, I feel like everything has been sucked out and the sure feeling of getting through this has extinguished.

My day started out horribly, then when we went out it was like everything was normal again, but that made me realize that if Alan does push and tug, nothing will ever be normal again. Ever. We'd go behind his back and do things creating more guilt and fear, we'd end up in more trouble and problems than what we started with and it'll all just ignite into this huge volcanic eruption of regret and heartbreak.