Chapter 45

I wasted no time in running up the stairs to my house and right when I opened the door Ava, Zayn and his mom were sitting in the living room with Alan; laughing and having a good time.

"Finally," Alan smiles, "where have you been?"

I looked around the room and caught the eyes of Ava who smiled and looked oblivious.

"Uh--" I whispered clearing my throat, "I was with Harry." I forced a smile.

"Well, darling! I haven't seen you in weeks! Come give me a hug!" Ava's mom beamed standing up and I shuffled over to her and hugged her as she squeezed me. She kissed my cheek and lead me to the couch and sat me down beside her, right next to Ava.

"How are your studies?" she asked holding my hand.

"Great." I smiled quietly holding my bag on my lap.

"That's good! Alan invited us over! We were just talking about our childhood." she said looking at him.

"That's nice." I was trying so hard not to attack Ava. I don't know what held me back but I'm thankful that it did.

I couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand sitting beside her, I can't stand looking at Zayn who lied to me too. I thought I could trust Zayn, I thought we were on a good level. I felt exactly the way I did when I found out Liam cheated on me. I knew he was, I just wasn't sure and when I asked my friends they all said he wasn't and when I found out, the feeling was overwhelming. I felt like shit and so betrayed but somehow, this feeling is worse .

I saw Zayn looking at me from the corner of my eyes and he never took his off of me. He probably knows that I know.

"Yeah, I'll be right back. I'm going to change." I lied standing up not giving anyone anytime to respond. I threw my bag over my shoulder and quickly walked up the stairs. I threw it on the floor once I reached my room and shut the door trying not to slam it. I was breathing hard and trying to catch my breath as I paced back and forth trying to think of what I should do. The tears came back when the memory of me hitting Harry came to mind and I burst out crying. For a split second, I did feel bad but he lied to me. He lied to me and that made everything worse because he know's how much I trust him and he know's I always take his word.

From being unable to stand, I sat at the edge of the bed and pressed my elbows on my thighs and cried into my hands. The pain I was feeling was killing me on the inside. I just wanted to scream and break everything I owned, but even doing that wouldn't make me feel better in the slightest.

While I was crying, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. They weren't light like Ava's and it didn't sound like Alan, so I knew it was Zayn. Before I could stand, he knocked on the door and cracked it open.

"Alee?" he said quietly opening the door even more.

"Don't come in." I said walking up to it but it was too late. He saw my puffy nose and red eyes and walked in. His eyebrows pulled together as he shut the door and when he tried to touch my cheek I slapped it away.

"What's wrong?" he asked looking into my eyes.

"You know what's wrong." I spat at him.

"No, I don't." he shook his head.

"Yes you do!" my eyes widened in anger. We stood before each other in silence before he shut his eyes and shook his head in shame.

"Who told you?" he brought his eyes up from the floor and connected it to mine.

"I heard him over the phone." I sniffled.

"Aleevonne I'm really sorry." he apologized stepping forward.