Chapter 70

"Hello?" I say into the phone while sipping my water.

"Aleevonne?" the unfamiliar voice says.

"Uh, yes? Who's this?"

"Louis, darling! From the bar."

I swear my heart is going to stop. How did he get my number?

"Oh," I put my cup down slowly and wait for him to speak. This is uncomfortable and somewhat awkward.

"Yeah, I hate to call you so late but I'm glad you aren't asleep." his voice is light and just by the tone of it I can tell he's smiling, "I'm at the Blue Cabin and you know, it's a bit lonely here. You seem like a girl I'd like to have as company." I hear him swallow a drink through the line and I'm beginning to feel nervous. I don't even know him. I've talked to him two times before, for all I know he could be some murder. Harry is going to go crazy when I tell him; or if I tell him.

"I'm sorry, Louis but--"

"Lou, babe. You can call me Lou." he corrects with kindness.

"Okay, Lou...I'm sorry but it's late and Harry's asleep..." I don't know what just possessed me to cause me to lie but it was the first thing to come to mind. I walk to the sink to place my cup in as I wait for his response.

"Harry's asleep?" he sounds amused.

"Yeah." I lie again.

"With you?" he questions with doubt.

"Yeah."

"Funny," he scoffs, "he just left." he chuckles and a roar of laughter is heard in the background.

Harry doesn't drink anymore, why would he be at the bar? Something tells me he's lying just to upset me or worry me. And Harry hates him, why he even be at the same place with him? If he's going to lie to me, he should at least do a better job.

"Well," I sigh, "it was nice talking to you Louis. Have a nice night."

"Lou." suddenly his voice is no longer light and sweet, but thick and deep, "Lou, babe, it's Lou." it's intimidating. He's not beside me but chills are running down my back. It's strange. He's on the other line but I feel like I'm in some type of danger. I feel like he could probably be outside my house watching me. He isn't...right?

"Okay, goodnight." I reply quietly and hang up. I should probably call Harry and tell him he called me, but what will he do? He'd come over and demand to sleep over to keep me 'safe' or go to the bar and possibly kill him. I don't know, I feel scared. I feel watched and it's a weird vibe. If he has my number he could probably have my address. You know that weird unsafe feeling you get in your chest and it feels tight? That's what I have now. I really shouldn't have answered the phone.

I checked all the doors and they're locked. I even peaked out the windows and looked around to see if I could spot anyone but I didn't. I'm over reacting, that's all. Nothing to worry about.

~~~~~~

"How'd you sleep?" Harry asks grabbing my hand.

I didn't go back to bed until four am last night because of how occupied my mind was. It jumped from one possibly to another and my thoughts were just endless. I thought about what Harry could have went the other night when he left, how Louis got my number, what Harry's past with Louis was like, and why they stopped being friends. Out of nowhere it just started to take over my mind. It's like, I feel left out. I feel like I'm missing something; but I don't know what.

But what really had me thinking was how Louis got my number. It's driving me insane because I know Harry would never give it to him so it's like how the fuck did he even get ahold of it? I want to talk to Harry about it so badly but I'm afraid of what he'll do. Harry has been extremely protective lately, more than he has before, and I can't imagine what he'll do if I told him Louis called. I mean, he didn't say anything over the line that would normally upset someone, but Harry takes everything seriously and the smallest things have the biggest effect on him. God know's how much his tempter has increased over the past few weeks and I don't want to do anything to provoke it.