Chapter 40

I'd be lying if I said I was surprised by Harry's actions; but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't afraid. Leo's eyes left mine but they held pure amusement when he looked up at Harry; as if he knew he was going to react the way he did. The ends of his lips lifted into a small yet challenging smirk as I turned to look at my fuming boyfriend. His jaw was so clenched that the bones were stretching through his cheeks; making him look even more dangerously pissed off. Leo's hand remained at the bottom of my back and Harry's eyes quickly darted to it. I watched his chest roughly rise and fall and the air he was breathing through his nose escaped like wind, but Leo showed no signs of intimidation.

I looked to Kaitlyn who seemed confused as to why these two were exchanging glares and when I looked at Harry's mom, nerves washed over her face.

"You must be starving!" I smiled stepping away trying to break the tention.

"I am." he grinned but his eyes remained on Harry's.

"The food is great!" I told Harry's mom and she smiled thanking me.

"Now eat before your food get's cold." she instructed and he averted his eyes to me and smiled. I returned it and walked back to my seat and he pulled his out.

"Harry, calm down." I whispered before taking my seat. Leo sat beside his wife as she stuffed the roll with steak and piled it with ketchup.

"Harry sit." I ordered through a whisper but he remained standing.

"Is everything alright, Harry?" his step-father asked biting into his sandwich and grinning as he chewed.

He was provoking him and it was the worse possible thing to do. Knowing Harry, he would've jump over that table and slam his head against it without hesitation. And I know the only thing holding him back from doing that is the fact that Amilia was there.

I grabbed his hand to pull him down and he slowly sat trying his hardest to control himself. I was expecting the rest of lunch to remain awkward but it wasn't. Everyone was talking and enjoyed each other's company, except for Harry. He picked at his food and leaned back against his chair most of the time, holding my hand under the table and squeezing my thigh occasionally. The only time he even cracked a small smile was when Amilia was talking.

I was expecting Leo to be an asshole and some sort of drunk, to be honest but he wasn't. He has an amazing sense of humor and his personality is very lovable. Despite all it, I can't look at him the way I think I would have if Harry didn't tell me what he did. It's weird; he reminds me so much of dad, before he became a drug addict. Like, the way he talks and laughs and the way he answers a question with high confidence; it's just like my dad. But the one thing that doesn't remind him of my dad is his past. He never touched my mom or left us, not until my mom left him.

~~~~

"Wow, that was amazing!" Kait wiped her mouth with the napkin and rubbed her stomach.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." she beamed happily.

"You just wait," Leo covered his mouth to burp, "she has plently more to stuff down your throat and you won't get enough of it!" he show cased his wife's cooking, "best cook there is!" he winked and Harry rolled his eyes.

"Harry?" his mom called as she picked up the dirty plates from the table, "take Kait to her room and help her take her bags up?" she asked placing the dishes in the dish washer.

"Yeah." he stood up stretching his arms and groaning. Kait rose from her chair and fixed her shirt, kissing her aunt on the cheek and thanking her for a great lunch. Amilia lifted her tiny body from her seat and held her dish with both her hands and gave it to her mom.