Chapter 34

"What'd she say?" Zayn asked me as I slowly walked back into the kitchen to sit down at the table.

"She yelled for a little, but I told her I was here and she calmed down. Thanks for bringing me." I smiled.

"Anytime." he placed the black and white mug of tea in front of me with two lemon slices in a small round plate, "I didn't put any sugar; I didn't know how much you wanted." he said taking the lid off of the cup of sugar and sliding it across the table as he sat across from me. He wrapped his long fingers around his cup and took small and slow sips of the hot liquid while I mixed three spoons of sugar into my tea, adding the lemon and slowly mixing it with my spoon.

"Is that all that happened?" he asked looking up from his tea, "just yelled and shit?"

"Yeah, but it was different this time." I replied quietly. My focus was on the tea while I watched the sugar dissolve.

"How?"

"I don't know he just--he was really mad like..." I tried to find the right words but wouldn't, "he was just a different type of mad, you know?" I asked biting my lip, "I really pissed him off this time."

"What do you mean this time?"

"I make him mad all the time." I said resting my elbow on the table and pressing my fist against my cheek to hold my head.

"It's nothing to worry about, Alee. That happens in every relationship." he half smiled like he knew what he's talking about, "when I was with Julianna, she would fucking pissed me off so much." he laughed, "all the time but strangely I loved it." he confessed.

"Loved it?" I repeated.

"Yeah, I guess I liked arguing with her because I found it sexy, I mean I'm sure he doesn't find anything sexy about you comparing him to your ex but I mean she was just a feisty fighter and it was a turn on." I burst out laughing and he joined me.

"I doubt he likes it when I make him mad." my smile faded as I shook my head.

"He said he loves you, and knowing Harry he isn't lying. Every guy has a tempter, it's just who we are. We get mad at stupid shit because we care, " he explained, "do you think we like to hurt you? We're guys; we can't really control what we do or say when we're upset because we're so heated," he leaned over the table and grabbed the sugar to add in his tea, "but when you girls cry...that makes reality kick in like "wow I'm really hurting her right now," and that's like a cue you know? To shut the fuck up." he laughed, "we never mean to intentionally hurt the ones we love, I guess when we love that person so much we over react so when we see them with someone who she used to love; so we feel threatened."

Threatened. That's exactly it.

"Makes sense now?" he half smiled seeing me nod in understatement.

"Yeah, it makes a lot of sense." I sighed leaning back into my chair, "but the thing is, I don't know why he would feel threatened. I don't have feelings for Liam at all."

"He saw you guys laughing and getting along, maybe he's so used to you two fighting and was caught off guard by the sudden change."

"Ugh," I groaned covering my face, "why is everything so complicated?"

"Because it's life," he smiled, "it's nothing to stress over." I kept my face in my hands as the tears forced it self down my face.

"Don't cry," he jumped off his seat and pulled the out chair beside me out and sat down. He wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled me into his chest, "it's nothing to cry over. He won't leave you Aleevonne."

"How do you know that?" I whispered wiping my nose with my sleeve.

"Because he loves you too much. He loved you two for two years straight so a few pointless arguments won't change his feelings for you." he said hugging me tighter.

"It's just...so..hard," I sniffled with a shaky breath trying to control my cries.

"I know babe," he said rubbing my arm, "he just cares for you too much and wants to make you happy. That's all, he means no harm." I pulled away from him and wiped my cheeks with my palm and inhaled and exhaled deeply.

"You're right." I said clearing my throat.

"I know I'm right." he smirked, "don't beat yourself up over this." he said placing his hand on my thigh. I had no strength in me to kindly pull it away so I let it remain there, "are you feeling better?" he smiled looking at me.

"Yeah." I beamed, "thanks Zayn, I seriously love you so much." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in tightly. His large arms encased around my body as his hands rubbed my back up and down.

"I'm always here, okay?"

"Okay." I smiled kissing his cheek.

I'm so close to Zayn that this didn't feel uncomfortable for me. I've kissed his cheek many times before and had no feelings before or after. I grew up with him; I've known him my whole life. He was just turning three when I was born and even then he would watch me and keep me safe along with Ava, being that our parents would always keep us together. He's like a brother to me; I love him with all my heart and he's the only guy in this world who I feel extremely comfortable around, besides Harry of course. Even when my dad left he let me cry on his shoulder because he understood what I felt and knew what I was going through. We fight sometimes and call each other names but it's all out of love. He's an amazing person and really know's the right things to say to make someone feel better.,

"Awe, look at that smile!" he said in a baby voice as he tapped my cheek.

"Zayn!" I giggled pushing his hand away.

"So you're good now?"

"Yeah, I'm going to call him." I said pulling my phone out.