Chapter 32

For the first time, I didn't feel uncomfortable that he was here, but I could hear Harry's uncontrolled breathing.

"That shit was insane!" Niall laughed, "there were so many girls and I've never been so high in my life!" he said lifting his hand up as everyone laughed in agreement.

"You were seeing purple, mate." Conor reminisced, "took his pants off and everything."

"Almost saw your little junior." Liam smiled, "Alee, rememeber that one party with Gio? He bought the glow sticks and stuck them in his pants--"

"Yeah!" I remembered laughing out loud, "that was funny!" We both laughed and when I turned my head to look at Harry, he was staring me down and I ceased my laughter and cleared my throat.

"There's a party Friday at my house, you're all coming right?" Liam asked the guys.

"Fuck yeah, bro I'm not missin' anything!" Niall declared.

"Are you comin' Conor?" Liam asked him.

"I don't know, I'll have to see," he replied looking at Harry, "you're going?"

"No." he shook his head.

"I'll go if you go." Conor smiled.

"What are we twelve?" he asked through a hidden smile.

"You should come Alee, it'll be fun." Liam offered.

I think he was feeling a little too comfortable with my kindness. I'm trying not to argue with him anymore; I'm trying to leave the past behind and move on so I'm just hoping Harry doesn't do anything to prevent that from happening. Harry remained quiet the rest of lunch while we all laughed as Niall and Liam told old party stories. Harry didn't seem amused at all but my face was going red from laughing so hard. I've never gotten along with Liam so smoothly like that before. We didn't even make rude comments, we just laughed and told stories like we did when we first started dating. It was almost as if we didn't have such a horrible past.

I noticed the jealously in Harry but there was no need for him to feel like that. I don't have feelings for Liam, I don't even think of him as a friend; just two people who know each other is all we are now. I mean, it's nice having a normal conversation with him. I almost forgot how funny and sweet he could be, but his dark side overpowers it regardless.

Ever since lunch ended, Harry didn't really talk much. He just sat quietly beside me as he twirled his lip ring around and around and around...didn't really pay much attention to anything. I knew it bothered him that Liam sat the table, it was obvious, but Harry needs to learn how to forget the past. I know what he went through with Mia is heart breaking, but I'm learning how to get over my fucked up past and he should at least help me by moving on with me.

"Are you okay?" Harry and I walked hand in hand to his car at dismissal while he shook a few people's hands goodbye.

"Mhmm, I'm fine. Are you okay?" he asked unlocking the door and opening it.

"You were really quiet today." I pointed out sitting in. He shut the door without responding and made his way to his seat. He buckled his seatbelt and started the ignition and proceeded to back out of the drive way.

"No, I'm fine." he said again spinning the wheel to drive on the road. I ignored his attitude and turned the radio on and we remained quiet the entire ride home.

Despite the argument Liam and I had in the counselors office yesterday, I feel like we're getting along better than we've ever had. But just because I feel this way it doesn't mean I'm going to hang out with him or talk to him more, I'm just glad we talked like civilized humans and not untamed barbarians.

"Are you hungry?" Harry asked turning his iginition off once we reached his house.

"A little." I unbuckled my belt and opened the door to step out, "are you coming?"

"In a second," he said pulling his phone out of his pocket, "here," he reached over and handed me his keys, "go in the house I'll be there in a minute I need to call someone." he pressed the phone against his ear before I shut the door to run in the house. I took my boots off and ran to the couch to lie down and I waited for him. He's been away from me for only five minutes and I already miss him so much. I heard the door open and in came Harry.

I greeted him with a smile but he didn't return one. He slid his phone in his pocket and without speaking he went into the kitchen and brought two water bottles in.

"Thanks." I said taking the bottle from his hands, "are you sure you're okay?"

"Let me ask you something," he swollowed his water and sucked his lips in to dry them.

"Okay." I smiled. I was feeling a bit nervous because he wasn't in a good mood anymore. His expression made it evident that he was going to ask something serious. He sat back and spread his legs while my leg was under my thigh as my body faced his profile.

"You and Liam, you two are friends now?" he turned his head with knitted eyebrows and his eyes screamed with frustration. They were no longer the light green color I adore so much but only a tinted shade of anger that I've grown familiar with.

"No, we just didn't argue for the first time." I wanted to roll my eyes at his question but I knew that would anger him more.

"You two were laughing and telling stories about when you two were together, " he said with irritation.

"No, parties that went on while we were together." I corrected.

"Exactly."

"And?"

"And it was right in front of me," he pointed out raising his voice.

"Okay, and what's the problem?"

He laughed shaking his head and held his bottom lip between his teeth, "the problem?" he asked still laughing, "the fucking problem is that you didn't even acknowledge that I was there!" his smile instanly vanished and the familiar expression he held with anger was growing.

"That's not true," I said as camly as possible, "I wasn't only talking to Liam, I was talking with Conor and Niall too. You chose not to talk."

"How could I have talked when you and Mr. Hilarious were too busy laughing and flirting?" he stomped his foot to stand from his seat and walked further away from me.

"Flirting?" my lips parted as I rose from the couch, "we weren't flirting Harry."

"Then explain to me what the hell that shit was all about because you don't look at me like that!"

"Are you stupid?" I slightly scrunched my nose and lifted my cheek bones as if I smelled something bad, "are we talking about the same person?" I rhetorically asked, "How did I look at him? Show me, so I know what you're talking about because if you're trying to imply that I like him then you're just crazy!"

"I'm not crazy, don't fucking call me crazy! I saw it with my own eyes!"

"What has gotten into you Harry? Why are you acting like this?" I shout to him.

"Acting like what? I'm acting the exact way any boyfriend would act when he sees his girlfriend giving more attention to her ex then to him!"

"You're not making sense! I wasn't even flirting Harry, we were talking like normal people, it doesn't mean anything!"

"He's never sitting with us again." he demanded, "as long as you're my girlfriend you fucking stay away from him. Do you hear me?" he shouts with authority.

"Don't tell me who I can and can't hang out with! You don't own me!"

"I don't own you but I have the right to keep you safe and he's just trying to get to you--"

"Shut up, just shut up! I hate when you do this!" I scream sitting down and hiding my face in my hands.

"Do what?!"

"Get mad over nothing! Why does everything piss you off so easily!? I swear to God you're bi polar! One second you're screaming the next you're laughing; one minute we're joking the next we're crying!"

"Don't let what happened yesterday fool you." he said directly after I finished my sentence, "I was hurt. I was fucking feeling the pain I didn't want to feel and you forced it back."

"Forced it back? How did I force it back?" I asked standing back up.

"You kept asking and asking I had no fucking choice!" he yelled.

"So I forced you? What about you? What about all the times I told you about Liam? Did you honestly think I wanted to tell you he hit me? You always try and get shit out me unwillingly!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing Harry, nothing." I shook my head and began to walk to the door but he grabbed me by my wrist and roughly pulled me back.

"Tell me right now, don't walk away from me." he said still gripping my wrist and pointing at me with his other hand.

"Like you always do?" I remarked pulling away from his grip, "and stop grabbing me! If I want to leave, I'll leave!"

"No you're not!" he took one big step and grabbed me by my top arm when i walked away and pulled me back, "unwillingly?" he repeated letting my arm go, "what's that supposed to mean?"

"You, you always ask about Liam. Liam this Liam that, it's like you care more about what he's doing or going to do then about me! Constantly Harry, all the time! You always bring him up for everything and try to compare him to you!"

"Like when?" he said in disagreement.

"When you asked if I loved you, you said I told Liam I loved him two weeks into the relationship and then you asked why you were different. You're obviously not the same damn person!"

"I know that!" he yelled back.

"And sometimes I don't want to tell you what happened because it makes me uncomfortable but you always leave me no other choice! You use the "I care about you" shit and get it out of me!" I said breathlessly.

"I've never forced you to do anything don't ever say that!" he growls stepping closer.

"Then stop acting like Liam." I slapped my hand over my mouth and his eyes widen in something I can't explain.

"What did you just say?" he growled through gritted teeth.

*Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry for the cliffhanger and sorry that it was so short! please don't forget to comment vote and share!"