Chapter 96

"Alan, honey please. Don't be silly!" My mom runs back and forth following Alan after his harsh exchange of words with Harry. Everything just blew up. They were in each others faces cursing and yelling, threatening to the point where my mom started crying. It all felt so surreal, like some nightmare I couldn't seem to wake myself out of.

Alan is searching for his keys, apparently he can't stand us and wants to "get out before I do something I'll regret." He's fuming; angry and panting for no reason at all and Harry's doing his best to be the bigger man by allowing him to do and say what he wants instead of hurting him. Despite Harry's sudden outburst, he has more control over the situation than I do and I praise him so much for that.

"Where the hell are my keys!?" He shouts patting his pockets aggressively. He should listen to her instead of making her worry and stress; she's pregnant. He can't be that stupid.

"Alan, please! Don't leave, we need to work this ou--" There, he slams the door in my moms face and storms to the car. Hurt and upset, she covers her face and cries into her hands, sobbing and sniffling, shaking her head in disappointment and I don't think I've ever seen her so upset before. My heart breaks seeing her like this. It hurts me watching her get so scared and angry when all she wants is for her family to be happy and together, but I feel like I'm ruining that.

"Mom, just let him go." I pull away from Harry and walk to her.

"I'll be back." She wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath. "Lock the door, I'll be back!" She grabs her coat and opens the door, running after Alan with desperation, holding her belly hoping to stop her psychotic husband and before he could drive off, she sits in his truck. His tires screech against the ground, burning them as he races away and I feel sick at heart.

I feel like the cause of all of this. If I had only sat and reasoned with him like he wanted, none of this would've happened. I always seem to mess things up and now, my moms heart is breaking because of my irresponsibility.

"Come here," Harry opens his arms and strides to me. His features have soften and his voice is somewhat cracked from yelling. Silence fills the house, almost piercing my ears as the man I'm fighting for with all my life wraps his arms around me with full strength, making the world pause to make me feel okay. "It's okay, baby don't cry." He begs me but I can't, "it's going to be fine. I promise." His long fingers cup my face and he looks into my eyes. Green eyes beaming with concern and sorrow, he kisses me. My tears mixes with the kiss but oddly, the combination is perfect.

Everything that lead up to this fight was because of me. I drove Harry insane, I made him go crazy and worry to death, that's why he drank. That's why he went to the Blue Cabin, and because I was too upset and heartbroken to even listen to him explain himself, I broke up with him. That made him drunk, that made me find him in the middle of night and steal Alan's truck, that ruined us. I've ruined us.

"I'm so sorry, Harry. I'm sorry for putting you through all of this." I cry into his chest. I can feel his heartbeat, and even though mine is racing a mile a minute, his is at ease. How does he do it? I don't know.

"Stop, don't do that." He pulls away and grips my shoulders, "don't say you're sorry, it's not your fault. You should be proud of how you stuck up to him, Alee. Don't let that asshole guilt you."

"But I'm breaking us up!" The more I look into his eyes, the more I feel like the Devil. He's gone through so much because of me and my carelessness.

"No you're not!" He follows me, "C'mon, you know that's not true. I will never let him take you away from me. " He grabs my wrist and pulls me back into him. "I love you, okay? We can work this out, there's nothing to blame yourself for." He brushes the little hairs fallen on my forehead away and pecks it gently, "you're the most amazing women I've ever met in my life and no one will keep me away from you."