Forty Six

Corey's POV- August 2016

I watched as Kat gave Anthony's arm a squeeze. He looked at her and she offered him a smile. He nodded and turned to Jaclyn when she asked him something. He nodded and she rubbed his back. It was really strange, but there was probably an explanation to this. The blonde guy who had told me that Anthony would stop sending Kat flowers was standing next to Jaclyn.

"Hi guys"

I looked away and smiled at Maia who looked at us. She had a plate of tacos and a drink in the other hand.

"Can I sit with you guys?"

Jacey nodded and Maia sat in between us.

"Do you think she's noticed you're here?"

I saw Maia from the corner of my eye turn to look at Jacey.

"She's busy right now" I told Joc.

He hummed.

"Awfully close to that guy you say she's not interested"

Maia cleared her throat and he looked at her.

"Last time I checked, it was Corey who was seeing Katalina...not you"

She glared at him and he lifted his hands.

"You look prettier when your mouth is shut"

I smiled and looked at her.

"No need to kill him Maia, he got the point" I said.

She looked at me and smiled.

"She knows you're here, coach is just talking with them"

I nodded.

"Why aren't you there?" I asked.

She took a sip of her drink.

"I was, but I wasn't needed anymore so I went to get food"

I nodded.

"Are you enjoying your last day in LA?" I asked.

She would be flying to Dallas tomorrow and move into her college dorm on Wednesday.

"Yeah, I guess"

I nodded and she touched my shoulder.

"Lean down you giant"

I smiled and slouched a bit so she could lean closer. Once she was steady and close to my ear she whispered.

"Anthony's mom might have breast cancer again. He might be a total dick most of the time, but you know...you shouldn't have to go through that alone"

I nodded.

"Is that why she didn't go to the game?" I asked.

Maia nodded.

"That makes sense" I said.

She rubbed my arm and smiled.

"There is no romance going on between him and her. She is very much into you as you are in her"

I laughed.

"Thanks for that" I told her.

"No problem"

She glared at Joc again and went back to eating. Kat later told me that her senior year of highschool Anthony's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was a tough ride for his family, but she was able to overcome it. It looked like the cancer was back again, but this time it was on the other breast. No matter what the outcome was his mom would remove both her breasts to prevent further scares. I also found out the blonde guy that was next to Jaclyn had a name. His name was Oliver and he was Anthony's best friend and the little brother of Alex's past boyfriend. Oliver had actually tried to commit suicide when he was 15 years old, 6 years ago after his brother died.