Eighteen

Katalina's POV- June 2016

"Honey can you bring Jojo inside?"

I put the mug away and wiped my hands as I made my way over to the sliding doors. Jojo immediately stood up and began wagging his tail. I opened the door and he trotted in.

"Do I let Penny in?" I called out.

I looked around for Penny to see she was laying on the grass in the shade.

"No, she looked comfortable in the shade"

I closed the door and made my way into the living room. My parents looked away from Corey who was sitting in between them. He offered me a smile and chuckled as Jojo barked as he trotted up the stairs.

"I will be in my room" I told mom and dad who nodded.

I began making my way up the stairs and laughed when Jojo barked at me from the top of the stairs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" I told him.

I reached the top of the stairs and made my way over to my room. I opened the door and Jojo ran inside. He immediately went under the bed and pulled out his toy. I grabbed the boxes on my bed and set them on my desk. Jojo growled lightly as there was knock on my door. I turned toward the door and smiled at Corey who leaned against the doorway.

"Can I come in?"

I smiled.

"Of course, you can sit on my bed. Excuse the light mess" I told him.

He chuckled and glanced at Jojo who barked at him.

"He doesn't bite" I told him.

He nodded and sat on the bed.

"Katalina!"

I looked at Corey and rolled my eyes earning a smile from him.

"The door stays open!"

I shook my head and climbed my bed. He yawned and I looked at the time. He was going to head out for his game straight from here. The game started at 4:30 but he had to be there before 2PM. It was barely 10AM.

"What did you and my parents talk about?" I asked.

He smiled.

"Well you"

I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"I found out why you can't go to the games this weekend"

"Yeah, we're leaving tonight" I told him.

My parents and I would be driving up to San Jose this weekend to spend Father's day with Alex and Martin. Martin's parents would be there as well.

"Are your dogs going?"

"Jojo is coming but Penny is staying. She doesn't like car rides, so David's dad keeps an eye on her" I said.

He nodded.

"It's a long drive"

I nodded.

"It's nice to see Alex though. I don't really see her as often" I said.

He nodded.

"Your parents were telling me that you're the only one who stayed close"

I nodded and smiled. Chris was the oldest and the one to go the furthest. He went to University of Wisconsin, Madison for his Bachelor's and then went to USC for Grad school. Alex went to Stanford for her undergrad and UC Berekely for Grad school.