Forty

Katalina's POV- July 2016

I made my way out of the bathroom and into my room. Trayce was on the floor playing with Jojo and Corey was laying on the bed hugging my Winnie the Pooh pillowpet.

"Comfy there?" I asked Corey.

He nodded and closed his eyes.

"I'm going to steal this pillow"

"You will do no such thing" I told him.

He smiled and shrugged as I sat on the edge of the bed. I began to comb through my hair and turned when I heard a light knock on the door. My mom smiled at us and looked at Corey.

"Food is ready"

Jojo ran out of the room and mom laughed.

"Jaclyn must be here"

She looked at us.

"Come on now, wash up and come downstairs"

Corey shifted on his back and sat up.

"I'm excited"

I laughed as Trayce got up and made his way to the bathroom. Corey followed him and I took the time to find my flipflops. I heard Jojo howl and I laughed as I grabbed my phone and made my way out of the room when I saw they were coming out of the bathroom.

"I expected your room to be pink"

I smiled at Trayce and walked down the stairs. My room was not pink but a soft coral color.

"I'm offended" I said earning a laugh from both of them.

They followed me into the kitchen and I opened the sliding foor that led to the backyard. Trayce whistled lightly as he saw all the food.

"Corey, how are you not here every night?"

Corey laughed and shrugged as he closed the sliding door. Trayce gasped and pointed at Penny who was paying no attention to anyone.

"There's another dog!"

Penny looked up at the strange noise and growled. Dad turned and shook his head at her.

"No Penny"

She barked and sat down wagging her tail at Corey.

"Be nice"

Dad turned to Trayce and smiled.

"She just doesn't know you, but she's really friendly"

Trayce nodded and turned to my mom who clapped her hands.

"Dig in! The leftovers will be sent home with you"

Jaclyn laughed and took a bite of her rib.

"Sorry guys, I'm starving"

Dad laughed and took a sip of his beer.

"Good game"

Corey smiled and thanked him as he made himself a plate of food. Dad turned to me and smiled.

"How was dancing?"

I nodded.

"I helped with set up mostly, and then I went over choreo with Mase" I said as I began making myself a plate of food.

He nodded.

"Love that little boy"

I smiled and took a bite of my food.

"Was Anthony there?"

I nodded.

"He annoyed Trayce" I told him.