Thirteen

Katalina's POV- May 2016

"I have to tell you something" I said.

Corey looked at me and nodded slowly.

"Is this about Adrian?"

I looked at him and he rubbed his neck.

"Mike kind of told me most of it?"

I nodded.

"What did he tell you?" I asked.

He stepped back and stuck his hands into his pockets.

"He told me you were in a relationship with a guy who never told you he wanted an open relationship. You assumed it was a monogamous relationship until one of his teammates told you"

I nodded and looked at him.

"You went to confront him about it and he was with another girl, so you gave him an ultimatum"

I made Adrian choose that day and I was heartbroken when he couldn't give me an answer.

"When he gave you no answer you kneed him in the balls"

He chuckled and I looked at him. Corey licked his bottom lip and cleared his throat.

"He called you a couple of times last night, right?"

It had woken both of us up, and that's when we realized we had fallen asleep.

"Yes he did, Jaclyn blocked him on my phone" I said.

He nodded.

"Doesn't he take a hint?"

"I don't want to defend him, but he was incredibly trashed last night" I said.

He nodded.

"Are you still interested in him?"

I looked at him.

"All the feelings I had for him disapeared when I went to his apartment and a girl answered the door in his shirt. He wants me back, but I could never take someone who chose to cheat on me back" I said.

He nodded.

"Since you're being honest. I feel like I should do the same"

I nodded and he let out a deep breath.

"I was on and off with my exgirlfriend, it's been like that since I was drafted. She's cheated on me and I somehow thought she was going to change. It's happened about 5 times already until I thought enough was enough. Joc says I was with her because it was something I was used to, but I haven't spoken to her since I met you "

"What's her name?" I asked.

He let out a sigh.

"Sally"

I nodded as he reached for my hand and squeezed it.

"Like I told you already, I really like you"

He smiled and stepped a bit closer"

"And if you don't mind. I would like to continue getting to know you more. I would love to ask you to be my girlfriend I honestly would but from what Mike told me I have to speak to your dad for that"

He smiled as he stepped closer and fixed a lose strang of hair that had not been pulled up when I pulled my hair up in a ponytail.

"You have no idea how bad I want to kiss you"

I smiled.

"What's stopping you?" I asked him.

He let out a chuckle, as he got closer to me.

"Jump"

I jumped and he caught me as if I weighed nothing. I wrapped my legs around his waist and pressed my mouth against his. The moment was ruined when the cold water hit his feet making him lose his balance.