Chapter 44

Ariana's P.O.V.

I let out a sigh of frustration as I crumble up yet another paper with parts of my Valedictorian speech.

Graduation is literally tomorrow, and I still haven't come up with a speech. I've been sitting here, in my room, for the past two hours trying to come up with something.

Nothing seems to go together or sound right. I want this speech to be perfect for tomorrow. Everyone is counting on me to make a magnificent speech. I really don't want to let anyone down.

I grab another piece of paper and begin to tap my pen along my chin as I try to think of something to write down.

"Knock, knock!"I hear my Nonna's voice and look up to see her walking into my room with a tray of cookies.

"I thought you might want a fresh baked cookie while you try and write your speech"She tells me and I sit up from my laying position.

"Thanks Nonna"I kiss her cheek and grab a hot chocolate chip cookie off of the tray. I take a bite and literally melt from its delicious taste.

"I really needed this"I say and she chuckles. She puts the tray down on my bedside table and takes a seat next to me on my bed.

"How's the speech coming along?"She asks me. "Not good. I have a bad case of writer's block. I can't come up with anything good to write"I tell her.

"You really can't come up with anything at all?"She asks me and I shake my head no.

"Why don't you write about some of the best times you've had during high school?"She asks me.

"That's the problem. High school really hasn't been the best for me the past few months"I tell her.

"Why? What's been going on?"She asks me with a look of concern, all over her face.

"It's a really long story. I don't feel like talking about it right now"I tell her.

"Well, whatever is bothering you, just know that it will soon pass"She says and raises her hand to caress my cheek.

"What's this mark on your neck?"She asks me and removes a piece of my hair to get a better look.

I widen my eyes and immediately pull my hair back down in front of my hickey, to cover it up.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it"I tell her and chuckle nervously.

The hickey that Justin gave me while we made love, is still planted on my neck. I've managed to cover it up with makeup all week long but I haven't gotten to covering it up yet today. I wish this thing would just go away, but it usually takes up to two weeks before they disappear.

"What ever happened to that Brad guy you were dating? Are guys still together?"She asks me and wiggles her eyebrows.

"No, we're not. I'm not dating anyone at the moment"I tell her.

"Are you sure? I may be old but but I'm not that old. I know that mark on your neck is not just any mark"She tells me.

"It's really nothing Nonna, I promise. Please just leave it alone"I beg her and she gives in.

"Fine, it's your business, not mine. I should probably let you get back to your writing anyways"She chuckles.

"Don't overthink and stress about this speech. Take a few deep breaths, clear your mind, eat a couple more cookies, and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something to write for your speech"She pats my leg and stands up.

"Now I'm gonna just get out of your way. If you need anything, just let me know"She says and I blow her a kiss before she walks out. She closes the door behind her and I'm left alone again.