Chapter 24

Ariana's P.O.V.

"You look nice today"My aunt dolly tells me as she drives up to my school parking lot.

I've decided no more wearing sweaters to school. I'm Justin's girlfriend now and I want to look my best.

I look down at my lace top and skinny jeans. I wear black flats and my hair is flowing down my shoulders.

"It's good to see you starting to go back to your old style. I loved cute and girly Ariana"My aunt smiles over at me as she pulls over to the curb.

"Pick you up at four?"She asks and I nod. "Have a good day"She says and I step out of the car. I sling my backpack over my shoulders and walk proudly into school.

As I walk down the hallways, literally everyone begins staring at me. I'm no longer the girl with baggy clothes and tired eyes. It's time to regain my confidence and style.

Once I reach my locker I take out my book for first period. When I shut it close, Justin stands in front of me, a huge smile on his face.

"Your not wearing a sweater"He chuckles. "Well, my cuts aren't that visible anymore. Besides I have a reputation I need to get back"I tell him.

"It's nice to see you dress like this again"He says and grabs my hand in his. "Come on"He says and we walk together to first period.

People give hoots and whistles throughout the whole time until we get there.

"Why is everyone so happy that we are dating?"I ask Justin and he shrugs. "Beats me"He says.

I notice Prom posters all over the place. I really hope Justin will ask me. I know he said Prom isn't his thing but I love going and I hope he changes his mind.

If he doesn't ask me, I don't know how I'll feel. I will probably still go, I just won't have a date like the last three years.

"Are we still on for later?"Justin asks. "Yea, but why won't you tell me where we are going?"I ask him.

"Because if I do, you may chicken out"He says. Chicken out? What the hell are we doing?

We walk into Mrs. Briar's class and take a seat in our usual spots.

"Class! This Friday is our annual trip to Santa Monica. I hope you guys are excited as much as I am"The teacher speaks once the bell rings.

The class erupts into chatter and Mrs. Briar has to quiet them down.

"I just wanted to inform you guys that by order of the principal, if anyone gets written up or a detention, they will not be attending the trip. Principal's words not mine"She says and I hear a few students groan.

This shouldn't be a problem for me. Justin on the other hand.

"Stay out of trouble okay? I really want to go on the trip with you"I whisper to him. He literally got written up last week, twice.

"I'll try, but I can't make any promises"He says and I roll my eyes.

"Promise me Justin, I'm serious"I tell him and he sighs. "I promise"He says.

"Thank you"I kiss his cheek.

"Aww, you two are so cute"A girl next to us gushes and so does her friends around her. I believe her name is Miranda.

I politely smile at her and focus back on the teacher.

"I also wanted to remind you that next week are finals. Study hard this week. I want you all to pass your tests. This will be your last tests for high school. And before you know it, Graduation will be here"She says.