Chapter 38

Justin's P.O.V.

"Why do I feel so nervous all of a sudden?"Richard asks as he fixes his tie and his tuxedo.

It is the big day for my mom and Richard. They are finally gonna get married today.

"Your nervous because it's your wedding day. Even I would be nervous if it was my big day"I tell him and he chuckles.

"You? Getting married? I don't see it"He laughs at me. "I didn't see you getting married to my mom either yet here we are"I tell him and he stops laughing.

"I'm just saying, you don't seem like the type of guy to get all excited and giggly over a wedding"He tells me.

"I'm not, trust me. But if Ariana wants to get married, I'll make that happen"I tell him and he starts laughing again.

"You really see a future with that girl? Just give it a few months in college and you'll be onto the next girl you lay your eyes on"He tells me.

"I will never break Ariana's heart"I tell him. "Really? I've seen you come home with so many girls, it's hard to even keep count"He says.

"That was before I started dating the only girl I ever truly wanted. I'm not that type of guy anymore"I honestly tell him.

"Do you love her?"He asks me.

"Yes, with all my heart"I answer him. "Does she love you back?"He asks.

"Well, I really don't know. I haven't actually told her face to face that I love her"I admit to him.

"What's wrong with you? The guy always has to make all the first moves. You need to tell her soon before she starts thinking otherwise"He tells me.

"I've told her I love you many times back when we were best friends in middle school"I tell him.

"So? That doesn't mean anything. She needs to know that you truly love her as more than a friend. She needs to know that your serious about her and that you see a future with her"He tells me.

"She already knows I'm serious about her and that I see a future with the two of us"I tell him.

"Yea but it's not the same until you actually tell her you love her"He says and I nod, taking in what he's telling me.

He does have a point. I love Ariana and I shouldn't be afraid to tell her that to her face.

I never, in a million years, would have ever imagined me and Richard actually having a civilized talk without yelling at each other.

Lately we have been bonding a lot more than we used to. I have to admit, my mom still can do a lot better but at the end of the day, it's her choice who she marries, not mine.

"Have you figured out a way to pay that one hundred grand to that gang you owe this friday?"I ask Richard, changing the subject.

"I may have an idea but I don't think it will be enough to pay back Jack.

"I was thinking the other day about how I can help, and I want to give you all the money I've been saving up for the past few years"I tell him and his mouth drops.

"What?"He asks with a confused and shocked look on his face.

"I have almost fifteen grand in my account"I tell him. "How?"He asks.

"Don't worry about it, I'll give you the money to help pay off Jack"I tell him.

I've gotten all that money from the bets I've done all throughout high school. I was saving up that money to get out of this town and live on my own. Now that I have a full scholarship to Stanford, I don't really need the money. Besides, all this cash has become guilt money.