Chapter 28

Justin's P.O.V.

"Seniors, stay close"Mrs. Briar shouts at our class as we all watch a magician do a magic trick. We are at the third street promenade and we are huddled with a huge crowd around the magician.

"Can I have a volunteer?"The magician asks and Lexi volunteers herself.

"No one will notice if we sneak away now"I whisper in Ariana's ear.

"Are you sure?"She frantically looks around to see if anyone is watching us. Everyone's eyes are on the magician.

"Come on"I tug at her hand. "Cover for us"I whisper to Nate and he nods. Me and Ariana quietly sneak away from the group and begin running. We run until we are out of sight from the class.

"Do you think they will notice we are gone?"Ariana asks me. "If they do, Nate has our backs. Now come on, stop overthinking everything babe"I tell her and kiss her cheek.

We walk along the street promenade for a little until Ariana stops at one of the street carts.

"These sunglasses are so cute"She grabs a pair off of a rack and places them on her face.

"How do I look?"She asks and poses with peace fingers and duck lips. "You look adorable"I chuckle and take out my phone. I take a picture of her and take a pair to try them on as well.

"How about me? How do I look?"I ask her. "Eh, I think I look better"She jokes and I laugh.

"You want those?"I ask her and point to the sunglasses on her face. She nods and I turn to the cart worker.

"How much for the sunglasses?"I ask the man. "Ten dollars"He tells me. "Here's a twenty, I'm buying two"I whip out a twenty dollar bill and hand it to him.

"Before we go, do you mind taking a picture of the both of us?"Ariana takes my phone and hands it to the worker. He politely nods and focuses the camera on us.

We hold onto each other and make funny faces for the camera. The worker snaps a picture of us and hands me back my phone.

"Thank you"Ariana tells him. "Have a nice day"He kindly waves and we walk away.

"Ooh, let's go into that vintage shop"Ariana pulls my hand and yanks me with her into the store.

"Why a vintage store? All of this stuff is used"I say as soon as we walk into the store.

"Because coming in here is fun"She says and instantly grabs a pink boa. She wraps it around her neck and poses for me.

"You look ridiculous"I chuckle and she grabs a fishing hat. She places it on top of my head and I sigh. I look at myself in the mirror and groan.

"I look like an old man with this hat. All I need left is a pair of suspenders and a bow tie"I say and she laughs.

She takes out her phone and snaps a picture of us in the mirror.

This is one of the reasons I love Ariana. She's not the type of girlfriend to have her boyfriend buy her expensive things like Chanel. She's more down to earth and doesn't mind buying things that have been worn before.

I watch as Ariana gasps and takes a seat at an old rusty piano. She lifts the top off and looks down at he keys. I walk over and take a seat next to her.

She begins playing soft music notes. She stares intently down at what she's doing. She looks mesmerized.

"Just a little bit of your heart
Just a little bit of your heart"She begins singing.