Chapter 12

Justin's P.O.V.

I dead stare at Ariana as she takes a bite out of the breakfast I made her. She hasn't said a single thing after she spoke yesterday.

She had told me that Katniss chooses Peeta in the end. It was so sudden and out of the blue, that I'm still shocked. Half that Katniss chose Peeta instead of Gale and the other half, that Ariana finally spoke. I haven't heard her voice in almost a month. And I only got a little taste of it again yesterday.

I think she's beginning to warm up to me a lot more. She hasn't spoken to anyone in the past few weeks, and to know that she chose to speak to me first, feels good.

Sadly, it looks like we are back to where we started. She's back on silent mode. She won't even look at me.

I hear my phone beep and I look down to see a text message from her.

Ariana: Please stop staring at me

"Ariana, you can't stay silent forever"I sigh. "You can't just talk again and than expect me not to react when you stop"I tell her.

She still won't look up at me. She now just plays with the eggs on her plate with her fork.

Ariana: I'm gonna go upstairs and change for the day

I don't say anything else as I watch her put her dirty plate in the sink. She leaves the kitchen and I watch as her figure disappears from my sight and upstairs.

I open my contacts and dial Nate to tell him what happened last night.

"She finally talked?"Nate asks in shock once I explain to him after he answers the phone.

"Yea, and than she went back to being all quiet. But only this time it's like she feels awkward around me now"I tell him.

"I don't know what to tell you man. All I can say is try and shift the mood when you take her Go Karting today"He says.

"I know, I am. But do you think that her speaking to me, means she might be be starting to fall for me?"I ask him.

"I don't know, maybe. Today just try helping her feel like she can trust you. Maybe she will open up again and talk"He says.

"Hopefully"I sigh."Look, I'll call you later I need to get ready"I tell him before saying bye and hanging up.

I pick up my empty plate and put it in the sink. I head out of the kitchen and upstairs, where Bentley follows me.

I walk into my room where Ariana is pulling a huge sweater over her body, finishing off her outfit.

"Ariana"I say and walk over to her. I try to reach out my hand to touch her arm but she flinches away from me. She doesn't look up at me as she walks out the room.

I sigh and groan. I don't understand why is she is so upset and why she won't talk to me.

I quickly get dressed and head back down where she waits by the door, silently on her phone.

"You ready to go?"I ask her and she nods, still not looking up at me. We both walk out the door and head to the car.

The whole car ride is absolutely silent as we drive to the Go Kart attraction.

When we get there, she still doesn't say a single word. We both walk up to the paying booth. I pay for our wristbands for the day and hand her one. She still won't even look at me as we enter the park.

We are not doing this silent treatment all day. I refuse.

I grab her arm and pull her away from the crowd of people here. She gives me a dirty look and pulls her arm back from my grip.