Chapter 33

Ariana's P.O.V.

"Thank you Ariana for coming with me today. It truly means a lot"Pattie thanks me as we walk into a bridal shop.

"No problem, us girls have to look out for each other"I tell her and she laughs.

"Hopefully, one day, I will be doing the same in return for you"She says and I instantly feel my cheeks heat up.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've dreamed of getting married one day. I ached for the love my parents had between each other.

Now that I'm older, marriage just seems so far away from my mind. I never in my whole life imagined myself being with Justin, let alone being married to him.

"Hello, my name is Penelope. I'm the one who will be helping you today find the perfect dress for your special day"A worker comes up to me and Pattie and winks at me.

"Thank you"Pattie tells her. "It's my pleasure. Now what are you looking for? Are you looking for something big or something slim? We have many options to choose from"The worker tells me and I'm left confused.

"I think your mistaken. I'm the one that's getting married. She's just tagging along to help me find a dress"Pattie tells Penelope.

Oh. She thought I was the one getting married?

"I am so sorry"Penelope apologizes to Pattie. "I don't know why I assumed that you were the one getting married"She tells me and I chuckle.

"It's okay, no big deal"Pattie tells her and Penelope smiles.

"Alright, now that there is no confusion, why don't I take you to check out some dresses"Penelope grabs Pattie by the arm and pulls her to a rack of wedding dresses.

I walk over to another rack and begin looking at dresses as well. I move dress after dress to the side as I try to look for something that Pattie would like.

Every single dress is beautiful and it's hard to pick which one would suit Pattie. Any of these dresses would look great on her.

Eventually I find a few that I think Pattie would like and I meet up with her and Penelope.

I take a seat on one of the plush couches while Penelope helps Pattie change into a wedding dress in the changing room.

My phone buzzes and I notice a text message from Lexi.

Lexi: Great practice today. Can't wait to blow everyone away on Friday with your sick routine!

Ariana: Really glad that you and the team put me back on the squad for the last football game

Lexi: I only thought it was the right thing to do. Really missed having you on the squad the last two months and being your best friend

Ariana: Aww, I missed having you as a best friend too :)

Lexi: You up to hanging out tomorrow? I could invite Lea and we could go to the mall for Prom shopping

Ariana: Sounds fun. I have a really busy week ahead of me but shopping with you two is a definite yes

Lexi: Great! See you tomorrow bestie ;)

I put my phone away and watch as Pattie comes from behind the changing room curtain in a beautiful wedding dress

"Wow, you look amazing in that dress"I smile at her and she steps up to the dress podium

"You really think so?"She asks and takes a look at herself in the mirror.