Chapter 32

Ariana's P.O.V.

It's almost four o'clock as I sit on the football field bleachers and watch Justin practice with the team for the big game this Friday.

I look over at Lexi and the cheer squad. They are going over cheers for the game on Friday as well.

God do I miss cheerleading. It became a huge part of my life once I entered ninth grade. Cheering was another way of connecting with the world beside my song writing. Cheering has always lifted my spirits.

Lexi notices me staring and motions me to come down. I look at her confused and warily go down.

Me and Lexi are on good terms now but me and the rest of the cheer squad aren't.

When I reach the bottom of the bleachers I head over to the cheer squad. They all look at me with blank faces and I feel like turning around and returning to my seat.

"Hey Ariana"Lexi pulls me in for a hug. "Hey"I say more like a question.

"Look, this Friday is the big game. I know this is crazy for me to ask but I came up with a crazy idea. I was wondering if you would like to be apart of the cheer squad for one least time?"Lexi asks and my mouth drops, shocked.

"You really want me to cheer with you guys again? I haven't cheered with the team for almost two months"I say.

"I know, but this will be the last time we cheer ever. We're graduating next Sunday and I'm handing over the reigns of cheer captain to the next junior"She says.

"I don't know Lexi. Yes, I miss cheerleading but is everyone else okay with this? If not, I will gladly just sit in the bleachers on Friday and let you guys steal the show"I say.

"Ariana, just shut up and say yes. Of course we are okay with you cheering. This is originally your team and you deserve to cheer with us for one last time"Lea speaks up. It's the first time she's spoken to me ever since my parents died.

"Besides, we miss you. I know we all haven't exactly been the best of friends the last couple months and I'm sorry for that. Let's all put whatever we have between us behind us and just enjoy being together for the last few moments of high school"Lea finishes and a huge smile is now on my face.

"What do you say Captain?"Lexi looks at me with a hopeful glance.

"Yes in every language"I say and everyone begins squealing, happy that I agreed to rejoin the team for one last game.

"Alright Captain, tell us what to do. We are performing against the stockdale cheer team in the halftime show. What is gonna make us beat them and blow everyone away. We need something new and fresh. We need something that we will remember for the rest of our lives"Lexi tells me and I feel the pressure already.

"I think I have a few ideas"I say and begin telling my team what I have in mind.

"Bye girls, see you tomorrow for practice!"I wave goodbye to the cheer squad and leave to the parking lot with Justin.

"Ok, tell me what the hell just happened. Are you apart of the cheer team again?"Justin, asks confused.

"Yep, they asked me to join for the big game on Friday"I say and we get in his car.

"So basically what I'm hearing is that I'm gonna have my own cheerleader on the field with me?"He asks and wiggles his eyebrows. I laugh and punch his shoulder.

"I will be cheering for the whole team, not just you"I say. "You may be cheering for the whole team, but at the end of the day, I'm the one who gets to take you home"He winks and I roll my eyes. He drives off school property and heads towards his house.