Chapter 17

Ariana's P.O.V.

"What are all these marks all over your skin? Who did this to you?"Justin is furious, only anger in his eyes.

Time to tell him the truth, there's no way of getting out of this.

"No one did this to me, I did this to myself"I find my voice, it's very soft and low. There's an edge of fear laced in my tone.

I watch as some of the anger fades away from Justin's eyes. He's noticed my fear. He doesn't want me to be scared of him. I'm only scared when he's raging mad.

"You cut?"He asks, sadness taking over his voice. He looks at me with pained eyes.

"I did cut"I rephrase that for him."I haven't done it in a few weeks"I say.

"Why? Is this about Lexi and the people at school? If someone is harassing you Ariana you need to tell me"His anger slowly rises again, but it's soon gone once I shake my head no.

"No one is harassing me"I'm honest.

"Is this about your parents than?"He asks, concern etched in his voice.

I nod and finally tears fall down my cheeks. I completely break down in front of Justin and start sobbing. He pulls me into his arms, and I cry into his shoulder.

"Shhh, it's okay"He tries to calm me down, by running his fingers through my hair.

"I know you miss them, but you can't keep hurting yourself like this"He says.

"I-I'm s-sorry"I cry and wipe at my eyes to stop the tears.

"Why are you sorry? Don't be sorry"He says, looking me in the eyes.

"I feel like I've disappointed you"I say, continuing to wipe away my set of tears.
"If it makes you feel any better, your the reason I stopped cutting"I say and his smile creeps back onto his face.

"Really?"He asks amused now. "Yea"I pry my eyes away from his.

He grabs ahold of my arms again and holds them up to his gaze, his eyes still pained.

"I wish you hadn't done this"He says. "Promise me you won't ever do this again?"He looks back up at me.

"Promise me"He repeats. "I promise"I say, and I mean it. I don't like seeing him angry. I don't want to disappoint him again.

He grabs my hand and pulls me towards his car. He pops open the trunk and takes out a huge shirt. He puts it over me to cover my exposed skin. The shirt smells of him and it makes me want to melt right here.

"Come on, let's get you home"He says and places our wet clothes in the car. We both get in and he drives me all the way back home. When we get there, I notice my Aunt's car is gone. She must have left.

"Would you like to come in?"I ask him and he nods. We walk into the dark home and head upstairs to my bedroom.

"I'm gonna take a shower"I tell him and head into my bathroom. "Before you do that, I need something from you"He comes inside as well.

"I want the object that you cut yourself with"He says, demand in his voice. I open my bathroom cabinet and take out the razor I used. I place it in his hand and he clutches onto it.

"Take a shower, I'll be out here waiting"he says and walks out the bathroom. I close the door after him and lock it.

I strip of my clothes and quickly get in the shower. The hot water instantly releases all of my tense muscles and I relax. I breathe in the shower air and quickly wash myself. I grab my strawberry scented shampoo and wash out my hair. I rinse it out and turn the shower water off.