Chapter 37

Justin's P.O.V.

I ring the doorbell to Ariana's house and wait for someone to answer.

"How do I look?"I turn and ask my mother who stands next to me. She insisted on coming with me to take pictures of me and Ariana before we head off to Prom tonight.

She reaches over and fixes my bowtie. She takes one last look at my tuxedo and nods.

"You look great"She tells me and smiles. "Thanks mom"I tell her and kiss her cheek.

The front door opens and Ariana's Aunt Dolly welcomes us in.

"Ariana should be down any second now"Dolly tells us both and we nod.

"This is so exciting"Dolly squeals and so does my mother. I roll my eyes and chuckle.

"This whole prom thing really isn't that big of a deal"I say and they both look at me with annoyed faces.

"What do you mean? Prom is one of the best nights of your life"Dolly says.

"I'll be the judge of that"I say and my mom rolls her eyes.

"Your lucky you at least get to go to Prom. I never went since I got pregnant with you"My mom tells me.

"Now who's fault is that?"I ask and my mom punches my shoulder. I laugh and rub the spot she hit.

"Please make this the best night for Ariana. I mean it Justin. She has been through so much the past couple months. I just want to see her happy and your the only one who makes her just that"Dolly becomes serious and looks at me with a sincere look.

"I promise I will take care of her tonight. You don't have to worry about anything when she's with me"I tell her and she smiles at me.

Her eyes turn towards the stairs and her mouth drops. My mom does the same and I turn to what they look at.

I watch as Ariana walks down the stairs in a long and beautiful dress. She looks breathtakingly beautiful and my mouth drops as well.

"Ariana, you look lovely"My mom says next to me. "You look absolutely marvelous"Her Aunt Dolly tells her.

Ariana reaches the bottom of the stairs and our eyes meet in an intense gaze.

"Wow, you look beautiful"I tell her and her cheeks turn red.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself"She tells me and I pull her in for a hug, wanting to touch her.

"I got something for you"I tell her and bring out a corsage.

"It's wonderful"She gasps and extends her wrist out for me to put it on her. I wrap it around her wrist and she admires it.

"I got something for you too"She says and brings out a pin that looks similar to the corsage I gave her.

She puts it on my tuxedo and stares at me with an intense gaze again.

"You guys look so cute"My mom gushes and I roll my eyes.

"Come on you two, smile so we can get some pictures"Dolly motions for us to get closer.

I wrap my arms around Ariana and look down at her as she smiles for the camera. I hear the camera snap a few pictures as we both stand and pose as a couple.

"How long do you think we have to stand here for?"I whisper in Ariana's ear and she laughs.

"If we don't stop them, they will take a hundred pictures of us until their storage is full"Ariana tells me and I chuckle.