Chapter 19

Ariana's P.O.V.

It's seven thirty in the morning when Justin pulls up in front of my house. I pull open his car door and hop into the passenger seat.

"Hey baby"He instantly welcomes me with a kiss before driving off and heading to school. "Did you sleep well?"He asks and I nod.

"Although I think I'll sleep much better in your arms tonight"I tell him and he smiles. Tonight I'm sleeping over at his house after his football game. It's been four days now since we started going out and we have managed to still keep us a secret.

We wanted to keep our dating life separate from school. At first, I thought it was because Justin was embarrassed to let people know that I'm his girlfriend, but than I  didn't think it was such a bad idea after all. The people at school always make things bigger than what things are and I don't want the news of us dating being the talk of the whole school. I want this relationship to last, I don't want the girls at school hurting me because they are jealous that they can't have Justin anymore because he's now mine.

"You ready for tonight's game? I heard there will be a few college scouts watching the team play"I tell him and he sighs. I know he hates talking about college, but I know he has the potential to go. He doesn't have any plans for his future, and I want him to succeed in life. I don't want him to end up as a big failure.

"The only person I care about that's watching me is you"He looks over at me and my cheeks go red. He reaches over with his free hand and clutches mine in his. He uses his other hand to drive and I bring our entwined hands up to my face. I place a soft kiss on his knuckles and he rubs his thumb in circles on my hand.

"There is only one more game after this one which is in two weeks. We're heading over to Stockdale to play against the Mustangs. It's an away game and I want you to be there as well"He says, still focusing on the road ahead of him.

"Of course I'll be there. I'll be your lucky charm"I say. He looks back over at me briefly and I wink. "Your so cute"He says and I shrug. "I try"I say and he laughs again.

Before I know it, we reach school campus and head into the building. "I'll meet you in first period, I need to head to my locker real quick"I say. "Okay"He sneakily but quickly catches me in a kiss before walking away. I look around to make sure no one saw us and walk to my locker, the flush on my cheeks visible.

I grab my book for first period and close the locker shut only to be met with Brad. He's standing with Eathan. I have avoided talking with them since the bowling incident. Eathan hasn't hit on me since Justin beat the crap out of him that night. Even now Eathan looks all around him, probably searching for Justin.

I take out my phone and uneasily press Eathan's contact.

Ariana: Hey

"Eathan told me what he did to you. I'm sorry I wasn't the greatest friend to you that night. Eathan has something to tell you"Brad says and pushes Eathan towards me.

"I-I'm sorry for h-hitting on you"He scratches the back of his neck. His eyes look everywhere but at me.

"We didn't realize you and Justin were a thing now"Brad says and I flush again. Crap.

Ariana: We aren't a thing, he just has anger issues. We are really good friends that's all

I feel bad about lying but I don't care.

"Oh, sorry. It just seemed like you guys were going out"He says and I shake my head no to clear up his confusion.

Ariana: Well I better get to class