Chapter 44. ( The new beginning )

The last chapter: noted..

Life was a complicated story and now that she knew the truth about herself it hadn't made things easier. The questions she had were only partly answered and it hurt her that she would never meet her real parents. She couldn't imagine the pain her mother must have felt when she gave her up. A mother should never lose a child, Esme was a perfect example of that. Even though she had a lot to think about, strangely enough her thoughts were sidetracked to another very strong emotion. She glanced towards Edward and immediately her thoughts focused on the memory of the kiss they shared. Love is such a powerful emotion. It was her first kiss and it was amazing. She also knew that it wouldn't have been amazing with anybody else besides Edward. He made her heart beat faster, he weakened her knees and when she was around him she felt like nothing could hurt her. It was such a great feeling.

When they returned to the others, Bella was not surprised to find Emmett and Jasper fighting over who could dismantle Maria. She smiled when the wolves joined the argument while claiming their part in destroying as many of them as possible. Carlisle turned towards Alana.

'I don't believe we have met. My name is Carlisle and this is my family.'

Bella checked Alana's face to see how she would react, but a gracious smile was all she could see.

'Indeed, we have not met before, but I know you and your family very well. I owe you a great deal of gratitude for taking care of my niece. My name is Alana.'

They shook hands and Carlisle was trying hard to remain calm and not let his surprise and confusion rule him.

'Do not worry. I am only here to take Coraline of your hands. Isabella belongs with you, not with me.'

Edward took Carlisle aside and asked if he could speak with him. They walked a small distance away and spook in hushed tones. Esme and Alice hugged Bella.

Edward was talking to Carlisle about the decision of keeping Aro alive. As he had expected from his father he was reasoning in the direction of letting Aro leave unharmed until the vampire world would change significantly into a world that didn't need the Volturi anymore, when he saw Jasper walk to Bella. Jasper placed a hand on her neck, caressing some of her hair away and Edward was sidetracked from his own conversation to that between Jasper and Bella.

'What is bothering you, Bella? I feel a certain restlessness inside you.'

Edward felt the very familiar pinch of jealousy. It was not because Jasper touched her, he was used to that, but it was because Jasper would always be able to understand Bella better on some level than he would. He couldn't feel her as Jasper could and he couldn't read her mind. He could easily discard his jealousy though, because his main wish was for Bella to be happy and if Jasper could help her better in that moment than he could, so be it. He was ready to concentrate back on Carlisle, but he was distracted again when Bella instead of speaking to Jasper turned towards Alana.

'Who is my father?' She asked strongly.

Edward's attention was now not even pretending to be towards Carlisle and Carlisle too had stopped talking to hear Alana's answer. Alana gave Bella a sad look.

'I am afraid I can't give you that answer, Isabella. Maybe one day you will know, but it will not be this day.'

Bella was not happy with Alana's answer, Edward didn't have to be an empath to know that.

'I will leave with Coraline and leave you in peace with your family.'

Alana turned to walk away and Edward saw Bella's desperate look.

'Alana!' She called out. 'One last question please?'

Alana turned around and gave her an encouraging nod.

'Am I immortal?'

Edward held his breath for this very important answer.

'You are Yvane's daughter, one of the first existing life form. I would bet on it and so would the future.' She gave Bella a smile and took Coraline's hand. 'Goodbye, child of time, until we meet again.'

She disappeared in the woods together with Coraline.

'Goodbye, Alana.' Bella whispered.

Edward stood in front of his locker. Back in highschool, following classes as if nothing had happened. Strangely enough he was thankful for it. It meant they were alive and well and Bella was there with him. He smiled when he felt two warm arms hug him from behind. He turned around in her embrace and kissed her. He felt the eyes of all the humans in the hallway upon them.

Damn Cullen, I wish he never existed!

That lucky bastard!

Life is just so unfair!

And many more of those kind of thoughts. If he wasn't immortal and immensely strong, he would be seriously worried, they would try something to get rid of him. Although, it was nothing compared to the reaction of the wolves when they felt Bella's new connection to Edward. They had growled at him for hours and for a long time he had to endure every hateful word and every threat they knew all addressed towards him, until Bella had shushed them with a few angry warnings. He was a little bit worried they would attempt to kill him anyway when they had the chance. Eventually the wolves had accepted the development in their relationship, because it was what Bella needed and they would never deny her anything.

The bell sounded and he broke their kiss.

'I just heard every male heart break and some of the female hearts as well.' He said with a smile.

He saw her face light up with humor and she shook her head.

'I doubt it.' She answered. 'Okay, maybe some of the female ones. You are off the market now.'

He chuckled. She would never change.

'You can't be off the market when you were never on it. I was and will be always yours.'

'Always.' She answered, taking his hand.

He sighed out of happiness, while walking through the hallways.

All was as it should be.

Finally I have finish my first book.. So I'm very happy.. Have fun reading. Byezz##

clariza0809..