Chapter 38. ( Young love )

Edward kept his arms around her tightly. Bella was sleeping peacefully and he was happy for that. He was afraid her experiences from earlier would give her nightmares, but she truly was in a deep calm sleep. He kept humming her lullaby and tried to concentrate on that, but his thoughts kept drifting to the way her soft, warm lips felt on his skin or the way her perfect body felt in his arms and on his chest. She stirred slightly, unconsciously brushing her lips over his skin. He held his breath and closed his eyes tightly, trying to focus on something else, anything else. He didn't understand where these sudden feelings came from.

He tried to analyse it. He loved her, no surprise there, but was there more? He suddenly was unsure. All he knew was that he could stay like this forever and enjoy every minute of it. Hours passed slowly, but not nearly slow enough. Every small movement she made, every breath she took, every small sound she made, sucked him in deeper. He had seen her sleep many times before, but there was a completely new dimension to it, when he held her this close.

Much too soon he could hear Carlisle's thoughts enter the house. Carlisle had news and he wanted to talk to Bella about it. Edward would have left her sleeping, but he had to promise Bella he would wake her as soon as there was news, to get her to sleep in the first place. She still had her face snuggled in the side of his neck and he would have given anything to keep it that way. He had promised though and Bella wasn't going to like it if she discovered he let her sleep too long. It was getting light anyway. He sighed and softly caressed the back of Bella's head.

'Bella, wake up.' He said gently.

She made some half-asleep sounds and pressed her body even more against him. He had to take a few deep calming breaths, before he could resume his wake-up call.

'Bella sweetheart, wake up.' He waited and gently shook her.

Finally she stirred and took a deep breath.

'Edward?' She mumbled.

'Yes, you have been asleep for a few hours, but Carlisle has returned from the hospital, so I figured I should wake you.' He explained.

Her eyes opened and she looked up at him with a small blush on her cheeks. Her heartbeat sped up a little bit again. What was she thinking?!

'Thank you.' She answered softly. 'I am glad you did.'

They got up and walked downstairs. Carlisle smiled to them.

'Bella, sweetheart, I am happy to tell you that Liam under the circumstances is better than expected. His parents are with him.'

Bella sighed relieved.

'I will go and visit him.' She said decided.

'I will take you soon, but I think you should let him stay alone with his parents a few hours longer.' Carlisle suggested. 'I have talked to them for a long time. Strangely enough they were not angry, just very sad and concerned for Liam. I think they are good people.'

Bella's eyes were pointed to the floor and Edward could see she was fighting tears again. He placed his arm around her.

'I have arranged a solution for Liam and his parents and I hope it is alright with you. I have talked about it with Liam's parents and they have already agreed. I am going to buy them a house close to the Denali's and asked them to keep an eye on Liam. They have promised to protect him.'

Edward was very happy with his father. It was the perfect solution. Liam would be safe, because he would be not too close to the potential danger Bella brought with her, but he would still be close enough for Bella to visit him.

'Liam's parents believed me when I said they would be safe there and they promised to move as soon as possible.' Carlisle continued.

Bella gave him a smile.