Chapter 34. ( High school troubles )

Edward had never liked the necessity to repeat high school over and over again, but this time it was not so bad. The sole reason for this was the presence of Bella. Every moment he could steal with her, he enjoyed. Bella was the one person that made high school bearable for him, but at the same time she inspired the persons that made it unbearable.

His gift to read minds had never been this much of a curse. Everywhere he read the undiluted thoughts of boys that were all concentrated on one thing. Teenage boys had a very impressive imagination when it came to intimacy and it drove Edward nuts.

Newton was his newest topmost annoyance, driving Sam from his well-deserved first place. The boy was always around her and his crude fantasies drove his killer instinct to the limit. The boy was lucky to be alive. He wondered why his brothers were not as irritated with all the boys as he was. They couldn't read their minds of course, but Jasper could feel the desire they emitted around Bella. It did irritate Jasper and he glared repeatedly to Mike or any other boy that had those feelings, but Edward seemed to be the most affected by the situation. He knew he was overprotective when it came to Bella, but this was not entirely caused by overprotectiveness. There was another reason for his annoyance and he didn't fully grasp what it was.

Bella was sitting in class and a boy named Tyler tried to talk to her. It was the only class she wasn't with either Alice or himself and her classmates took that chance. Edward followed closely in Tyler's mind.

How can she be so beautiful, sexy and mysterious at the same time? What I wouldn't do for a day with Bella. The hell with Newton, I don't care if he saw her first.

'We have a great movie theatre in Port Angelus. If you want, I will show you and we can catch a movie.'

Bella looked up at him and smiled. Tyler's mind went blank in response.

'Thank you very much for the invitation Tyler, but I am afraid I have to decline.'

She didn't give him a reason and that made Tyler confused and hopeful at the same time. He wondered how he was going to proceed. Edward chuckled when he saw Bella's determined face through Tyler's eyes. There was no offer he could make that was going to inspire Bella to accept. It made him happy, there was no way Tyler, or Mike for that matter, could deserve a girl like Bella. Edward was distracted by some thoughts close to Bella. Many girls were jealous of Bella and the attention she received from so many of the boys, but this was different. The girl was viciously unhappy with Bella.

Look at Tyler drooling all over her! Who died and made her queen! I wish she had stayed in Finland where she belongs!

She practically glared at Bella. If looks could kill, he was pretty sure Bella would be dead now. He didn't like it. Bella had done nothing to deserve the girl's wrath. She had been nothing but kind to everybody. He wished he was in her class so he could give the girl a taste of her own medicine. He would glare at her until she was running away screaming.

It didn't took him long to understand that the girl was named Lauren and that many only pretended to like her. They were somewhat afraid of her.

Look at her arrogant face, I wish she would fall down or something. Anything to wipe that smug smile of her face!

He was going to watch out for this girl and never let her near Bella. He should get Emmett and make her profoundly afraid of them, to ensure she would never place herself within one hundred feet of any of them. Like some sort of restraining order, issued by fear.

The bell rang and Bella hurried out of class, before any of the boys could ask to be of any assistance to her. The only one who hurried after her, was Lauren. Edward was up from his seat immediately. If this girl was going to hurt Bella, she would regret it. He was a few halls away from her and had to use all of his restrain to not run full speed to her side. Lauren caught up with Bella and grabbed her arm. Bella turned around surprised.