7. Chapter 7 ( A freaky family )

Two weeks had passed since Bella joined their family and they had adjusted as if she had always been there. Edward couldn't picture his family without her anymore. Esme and Alice had furnished a room in the house for her. Their house had always been light and open, but with Bella there, sunlight filled their home more often. His family fell in love with her easily. She had a connection with everyone on different planes. His days were filled with her and she never ceased to amazed him, even when she slept. Every night after Jasper or Rosalie read her a story, they were both gifted story tellers, she sang herself to sleep. It wasn't long before she sang along with her, humming her lullaby long after she had fallen asleep.

Bella was sitting in Carlisle's lap before bedtime. They were studying his basic medical equipment. Edward was watching them interact.

'So with this you can hear my heartbeat?' She asked interested.

Carlisle out the tubes of the stethoscope in her ears and pressed it against her heart.

'Do you hear?' He asked softly.

A smile lit her face.

'Yes, I can hear very well.' Bella said.

She pressed it against Carlisle's chest and her smile disappeared.

'You do not have a heartbeat.' She stated. 'It is because you are a vampire?' She asked.

'Yes, does that bother you, Bella?' Carlisle asked.

Edward listened intently, anxious for her answer.

'No.' She hesitated and Carlisle encouraged her to speak her mind, 'I wish I wasn't different. Why can't we be the same?' Bella asked.

'It's okay to be different, Bella. To be special.' Carlisle told her.

She was not convinced.

'What if I don't want to be special?' Bella asked Carlisle.

Carlisle sighed.

'Do you know why I work as a doctor in the hospital, Bella?' Carlisle asked her.

She was silent for awhile.

'You make sick people better.' Bella said.

'Yes, I'm special and because of that gift I can help people. I can cure them better than normal doctors. Maybe you can help people as well in you own way.' Carlisle says.

She bit her lip in thinking.

'You really think I can help people?' Bella asked Carlisle.

'You have helped us.' Carlisle said.

She smiled.

'How? I didn't do anything.' She asked.

'You let us into your heart and we are better for it.' Carlisle answered.

She threw her arms around his neck.

'As am I.' She whispered, but Edward could hear and he smile.

'Will you measure my blood pressure now?' She asked.

Carlisle went on with his medical examination and his explanation of his equipment. Esme and Alice walked in and stood beside Edward.

'I think we should send her to school tomorrow.' Esme said softly.

Edward tensed immediately. It was bad enough that she had to sleep the whole night, there was no way he could stand missing her part of the day as well.

'No way.' He answered.

'I think it is a good idea. There is no high school nearby, but there is a primary school in town.' Alice said.

Edward shook his head again.

'Listen Edward,' Alice countered, 'it is not fair for Bella to be around vampires all of her time. She should be around humans. Around boys and girls her own age, so she can interact socially and make friends, like any other little girl.' Alice says.

'She is not a normal little girl.' Edward said.

'Maybe not, but still she should not miss experiences. It is selfish to keep her here with us all the time.' Alice answered.

I think it is a good idea. Carlisle thought. She is smart and can learn a lot in school.

'What if something happen to her?' Edward asked.

Alice shook her head smiling.

'We can drop her off and pick her up from school each day. What could possibly happen to her?' Alice says.

He was losing the battle and he knew it. Esme gave the final statement.

So this story will stop here and I will try to update soon cause exam is about to come and I must get on with my studies so I maybe will not be able to update for about two weeks and I'm sad that my exam is on my birthday 😢😢, but I will try to update on earlier than that day and there will be another chapter on the day of my birthday.. so you can count as a bonus chapter.😁😁

So comment and vote if you like my story and there is going to be a part2 of this chapter. Thank you.