Chapter 36. ( Misery always comes twice )

'Where is Bella?' Rosalie asked.

'Outside, playing with the dogs.' Edward answered. 'She said they needed to tell her something.'

'Ugh! I wish they would leave her alone already. It is bad enough they are around her twenty for seven and now they even take up her lunchtime with us.' Rosalie complained.

Stupid mutts!

Edward laughed, not that he didn't agree.

'We have to have a talk with them too. They have to be more careful. There are several students who think they saw something move in the woods around school.' Edward said.

Since their so-called imprinting, the werewolves never let Bella alone again. They guarded her even at school. Edward was still annoyed with the whole situation, but he could stand it now. He had read their minds and so far he found that none of them had romantic feelings towards Bella. Their imprinting was a different form. They were more like an unshakable pack of bodyguards, only not very competent ones.

See not only stupid, but reckless too. If they ruin my chance to live here for a decade, I am most definitely going to kill them.Rosalie thought.

'You go talk to them, Edward.' Rosalie suggested. 'I can't stand the smell.'

He watched the clock. They had more than half an hour break left. He shrugged.

'Fine, I'll go.'

So quick to volunteer, eh Edward. Missing Bella already?

Emmett grinned at him. He wasn't completely wrong. Lunchtime was a lot less interesting without Bella, but he didn't like it when she was alone with the wolves and that was his main reason for going. Even after these months and their assurances they could never hurt Bella, he didn't trust them. He walked outside and followed Bella's scent. They were quite far into the forest, but it didn't took him long, before he could see through Jacob's mind.

Bella was sitting on the grass and around her were Jacob and Quil in human form and Jared in wolf form, who was scouting their surroundings. Bella was sitting very comfortably, leaning on her elbows and smiling.

'Really? A girl turned into a werewolf?'

'Yes, her name is Leah. It is so strange to share your thoughts with a girl and to know hers?' Jacob answered. 'We are really changing all our tribe legends. You know, with our imprinting on you and now a female werewolf, none of that has happened before.'

'Yes well, that is what you get when you involve yourselves with me.'

They all laughed. Edward ran the last distance full speed and arrived there quickly. Jared gave a warning growl, which caused Jacob and Quil to jump in front of Bella, shielding her from Edward with their bodies. They both relaxed when they saw it was Edward.

'Oh, it is just you.' Jacob said sulkily.

'Edward!' Bella yelled happy.

Her eyes gleamed and she gave him a dazzling smile. Edward returned her smile, feeling at ease the moment she was back in his sight.

She is always so excited to see him. Why can't I have that effect on her? Jacob thought grouchy.

Edward smiled a little bit smugly. Imprint or not, they could never have what he had with Bella.

'Why are you here?' Jacob asked him, a bit rude.

He repeated his warning and saw the boys scowl.

'We shall be more careful.' Quil promised. 'It is hard for us to keep our distance, every yard away from her is painful, sometimes the urge is too hard to ignore and we risk too much.'