6. Chapter 6 ( A new home )

Edward searched the minds of his family and as expected they were all favored in keeping Bella with them. Carlisle made the opposing arguments.

'My research has turned up nothing. It looks like Bella is truly alone. There are two options now. We could adopt her or we could let the child services take care of her.' Alice wanted to say something, but Carlisle held his hand up. 'I know what you are going to say, Alice, but we should not make this decision lightly. If Bella moves in with us, we cannot make even a single mistake. Her life is precious and it will destroy this family if Bella got hurt because of one of us.' Carlisle said.

Alice shook her head.

'I don't see that. All I can see is love. She fits in with this family.' Alice said.

'Your visions are not absolute, Alice.' Edward commented.

'You are right, Edward. I cannot guarantee that Bella will never get hurt. The future holds too many possibilities for that, but what I can guarantee is that we will love and protect her. Isn't that enough?' Alice asked.

They were all silent. Esme took a seat next to Edward and caressed Bella's face.

'I think she should stay.' Esme simply said.

'Of course she should stay. I don't understand why we are even discussing this.' Rosalie said roughly.

Rosalie had a one-track mind. It was either her beauty, Emmett or something else like Bella, once she made up her mind, she could not be staggered. It irritated Edward.

'It's not that simple, Rose. What if one day you do not pay enough attention, while you are holding her hand. For only one tenth of a second you don't control your strength and crush every bone in her small fingers. How will you handle that? It is just as Carlisle said; even the slightest mistake could be catastrophic for her. Are we really allowed to put her through this risk?' Edward said.

Rose glared at him and he could hear her insulting thoughts, but before she could voice them aloud, Alice spoke.

'Is that really so great a risk, Edward? I can't believe any of us would make such a mistake and even if we did, I will probably be able to see it and stop it from happening. From this moment on Bella will be my biggest priority. I promise.' Alice said.

Her sincere eyes were in his, forcing him to trust her. Could he trust her in that? They always depended on Alice's visions, even more than they should.

'We should vote in this matter. This affects everyone in this family, so everyone gets an equal vote. Do we adopt Bella? Carlisle motioned for Esme to start.

'Yes.' No surprise there.

'Absolutely.' Emmett shouted. 'She is my girl.'

'I never doubted it for a second.' Rose added.

'The future told me the minute Edward found her that she belonged with us.' Alice said.

Jasper followed Alice without further comment. He would never make Alice unhappy.

Edward was next. He knew what he was going to vote. One look at the sleeping girl in his arms and there was no way he could ever say anything else. His family stared at him, watching him carefully. There were all worried about seen his answer. His decision had been made long before he had realized it himself.

'Yes.' His voice was not more than a whisper, but he saw everybody relax. Carlisle was last.

'I say we will at least try. We owe it to ourselves to do that. We will not leave an innocent girl to chance and misfortune while we can help it. We all have to invest in this, but I have the fullest confidence in this family that we can adjust.' Carlisle said.