Chapter 25. ( Unexpected danger )

'Alice?' Carlisle asked.

She checked the future quickly, somehow Bella's words had opened up a window to the future again.

'It is true, she will be here soon.' Alice choked out. 'She is bringing newborns, lots of them.'

Jasper locked in place. His muscles tensed and low growls came from his throat. His blazing eyes were filled with anger. The undiluted fury was plain on his features. Edward could feel himself go angry as well. His whole family tensed and Edward understood Jasper was involuntarily sending out anger waves. Carlisle figured this out at the same time.

'Jasper, control yourself!' He called.

Jasper's hands turned into fists and his growls intensified. Bella stared at him concerned. Alice rushed to his side and tried to calm him.

'Jazz, calm down. You are not helping.' She said, gently covering his fisted hands with her own.

Alice's voice almost drowned into his growling, but she forced his eyes on hers and slowly Jasper calmed down. His anger turned into sorrow and they all felt it.

'I swore, Alice...' His voice cracked. 'I swore I would never let Maria near her.'

'I know, Jazz.' She was trembling slightly. 'We won't let anything happen to her.'

Edward was suddenly shaken out of his shock. He felt his fear return full force.

'We have to hide her, right now, before we are too late.'

He turned towards Bella, intending to grab her.

'It won't help.'

Edward froze in his tracks and stared at Bella in complete surprise.

'Why?' He asked, when he found his voice again. 'If I run with you now, I can be far away before she is here.'

Bella shook her head decisively.

'She will adjust her course and find you wherever you will hide me.'

'Alice?' Carlisle asked for the second time in a similar way as the first time.

Alice concentrated and Edward saw the multiple scenarios run through her head.

'She is right. Maria will find her wherever we hide her. We don't even buy time by doing it.'

Alice turned to Bella.

'Bella, sweetie, how did you know that?'

Bella looked up, her face calm.

'I understand Maria now.'

The dream, of course. Carlisle thought.

'Maria is gifted, just like you Alice.' Bella explained. 'She sees secrets.'

His family needed some time to digest, before their thoughts flew over him.

This is worse than I thought. Carlisle

I knew it! It is how she always wiggled herself out of every dangerous situation.Jasper

I don't care how gifted she is. That bitch is not coming near Bella! Rosalie

I need to concentrate on all the possible outcomes. So far it doesn't look good. Alice

Finally a real fight! It has been a long time since we had some decent action around here. Emmett

What if someone dies?! What if Bella dies?!Esme

Edward agreed with Carlisle, like always, this was far worse. With her gift Maria could know everything about them. She could know Alice sees the future and he can read minds. If she could know all their advantages beforehand, she could develop a strategy against them. It made them vulnerable.