Chapter 8. ( A freaky family part 2 )

'It's Monday tomorrow so it is perfect. I have already called the school to ask if they could place Bella and they said it was no problem. I will prepare her for it.' Alice says.

She walked towards Bella and sat beside her and Carlisle. Together they talked her into going to school. Edward knew they were right. He wanted her to have everything, miss nothing. He was not going to hold her back, but it was hard letting her go. Every second he was not spending with her was a lost one. He knew one thing, he was going to drop her off and pick her up every day.

The next day Bella was at school and Edward was at home. He had dropped her off, together with Alice and Emmett and watched her while she walked into her classroom. He had waited for an hour, checking if she was alright and then he had left, knowing it was the best. He was felling restless, counting the minutes until he could pick her up again. He had to distract himself, to do something. He walked towards his piano and sat down. His hands caressed the keys, it had been awhile since he had played, but lately a new composition was forming in his head. Carefully he filled the room with notes, pushing his fingers lightly along the keys. He kept playing, his thoughts drifting to a small girl with her sweet smile and loving heart. Suddenly he noticed both Esme and Alice standing at his side. They were both filled with awe about his performance.

'Is this a new composition, Edward? It is beautiful. Esme said.

Edward stopped to think for a moment.

'It is not mine.' He said softly and began to play again.

The song grew incredibly sweet and adoring. He filled it with the notes he heard a few times before.

'It is Bella's lullaby.' Alice whispered.

He had composed the tune of her lullaby in different parts and it was only now that he fully began to understand the story behind his composition.

'This piece is about how she plays with Emmett, careless and laughing.' He filled the room with a playful high tune and both Alice and Esme smiled. The tune suddenly changed to a more serious one with lower notes. 'This piece is about her serious talks with Jasper and Carlisle, about her never-ending thirst for knowledge and learning and how they teach each other. 'He played on and they listened engrossed, when his tune changed again to a slow tune, high and sweet. 'This is about three sisters, always there for each other and always friends.' Alice have a smile while she listened intently. The tune suddenly went to a more adoring pace, his fingers caressing the keys. He looked up at Esme.

'It is about the love a mother can feel for a child and a child for a mother. About taking care of a little girl, the way a mother does.' Her face became emotional and he knew how much this meant to her. The composition went on, but suddenly he didn't know how to finish. It was about their relationship, but he couldn't define that. It was too much. How could he play something, he didn't understand himself? He looked forward confused, at a loss what to do. Esme placed her hand on his shoulder.

You will figure it out, Edward. You will see, the ending will be the most beautiful part. Esme thought.

This is your best piece ever, Edward. Alice thought.

He nodded, unable to speak.

'Will you play it again?' Asked Esme.

He fulfilled her request and played in for a few hours.

It was finally time to pick Bella up and Edward was waiting outside beside his car. Alice wanted to join him, but he had pleaded with her to let him go alone this time. He was a little bit early and waited impatiently  for her to get out. The moment she did, she saw him waiting and her face lit up. She rushed towards him and he embraced her eagerly.

'How was your first day Bella?' Edward asked.

She was silent and Edward studied her expression. He had become very good in reading her face. She was pouting.

'What's wrong?' He asked worried. 'Weren't they nice to you?'

She shrugged, but he didn't let it go. It drove him crazy, not knowing exactly what was going on in her head.

'Tell me what happened, Bella.'

'They all stare at me and a girl said....' She stopped talking, her voice sounded hurt.

Edward bit back a snarl.

'What did the girl say to you?' He asked.

He knew it want a good idea to let her go to school.

'She said I was freaky looking and that my family was freaky looking too.' Bella answered.

Her eyes filled with tears and he caressed her hair.

'Do you know why she said that to you, Bella?' Edward asked.

She shook her head.

'It is because you are very beautiful and she is jealous. Jealously always brings out the worst in somebody.' Edward told her.

Bella dried away her tears.

'She can't call you that.' Bella says.

What?!? Edward was astonished. Her face had gone from sadness to determination.

'I told her you were all great and made her promise she will never say that about you again.' Bella said.

How he wished he could see the world through her eyes. She had defended them, but she hadn't defended herself. How selfless was this girl? The irony was that they were freaks and that Bella was truly beautiful, inside and out. Tomorrow he was going to stay behind to check up on her the whole time. He couldn't let her get hurt.

'They stare at you, because you are new. Give them some time and it will be alright.' Edward tell Bella.

He knew that wasn't the only reason they stared, but he was truthful about giving them some time. He didn't think it was possible for anyone to know Bella and not like her. She was just so lovable.

'Come on, let's go home. Everybody is waiting for you, especially big brother bear, who wants to play baseball with you.' Edward said.

That did the trick. A gleeful giggle escaped her lips and she climbed into the car eagerly. He smiled and drove home quickly.

So this is the end of this chapter. I hope you guys will forgive me for having so long to make the decision. I'm glad full for those who really forgive me. Thx for reading and I hope you will enjoy your day.

clariza0809