Chapter 35. ( La Push )

'Calmly breathe in and out. Concentrate only on breathing, let all your thoughts and feelings go.'

She was sitting cross-legged opposite from Jasper in their own study room. She knew the rest of the family called it the Bella-Jasper Sanctuary jokily behind their backs, due to the large amount of time they spent in there together. It was one of those rare sunny days in Forks and rays of sunlight fell through the window and warmed her face. It only reinforced the complete bubble of peace she and Jasper had built around them.

She had asked Jasper for an extra training session of controlling her emotions and it was all because of certain feelings she didn't seem to be able to get out of her system.

The feelings made her unbalanced and confused and she didn't know how to handle them. With all her intelligence and knowledge she was still a young girl.

Jasper held both her hands and gently caressed the back of her hands with his thumbs. Calm flushed over her and she breathed out all her confusion. They sat there for a while, meditating and balancing her inner self, until Jasper ended the session.

'Very good, Bella! You are still getting better every time. I hardly had to do anything.'

She smiled because of his praise.

'All because of you, Jazz.'

'I did sense a great deal of confusion in you, Bella.' His eyes studied her concerned. 'If there is something you want to talk about, you know I am always here for you.'

She nodded to him. Here in their sanctuary she felt like she could handle everything.

'I guess it is just normal teenage confusion. My body is changing and with it comes emotions I have never experienced before.'

Jasper nodded.

'It might be long ago, but I do remember the confusing period of being a teenager.' Jasper sighed, his eyes locked away in memory. 'Changing into a grown-up, the hormones and most importantly the sudden interest in the other sex and the desires that interest brings.'

She cast her eyes down, avoiding his look.

'You have feelings for someone, don't you? That is where your confusion comes from.'

She didn't dare to look up to him, knowing he would see the answer in her eyes.

'You might as well tell me, because I will know sooner or later.'

She nodded defeated. If he checked on her emotions, he would be able to guess soon enough. Besides, Edward was out hunting with Carlisle so there was no chance he would overhear.

'It is Edward.' She told him softly. 'Something has changed between us. When he comes near me or when he touches me, my heart reacts, my breathing accelerates and I feel nervous. I feel so strange around him.'

Jasper laughed.

'You are in love with him, sweetheart.'

She shook her head angrily.

'How can I be? He has seen me grow up, I should see him as a brother.'

Jasper shrugged.

'There has always been a special connection between you and him. You can't help who you love, Bella.'

'What must I do?' She asked desperately.

'You don't have to do anything. Accept what you are feeling for him, if you are meant to be together you will find a way.' He smiled to her reassuringly. 'Maybe it is just a crush, you are still very young.'