5. Chapter 5 ( Playtime )

Emmett was counting while Bella was hiding. He was chuckling the whole time, when they first heard her hide behind the curtains in the next room. She obviously changed her mind, because they heard her move to another room and hide in the closet. Then she changed her mind again and moved to the attic.

How long shall I give her? Has she made up her mind yet? Emmett thought.

Edward knew Emmett expected him to know, but of course he didn't.

'I don't know. I can't read her mind.' Edward said.

'What?' Jasper asked.

'I can't read her mind.' His irritation was evident in his voice.

'This girl is really something.' Jasper said.

Edward couldn't agree more. He wanted to know badly why she was his one exception.

'I think she is going to stick with his spot. I can't be sure, because she is still wavering. Alice said, watching the future.

Edward chuckled while he saw Bella hiding in a dark corner in the attic, but also saw her getting up again and running to yet another hiding spot. The first choice was the most likely.

'Ready or not, here I come.' Emmett shouted.

Edward could hear her sharp intake of breath all the way from the attic. She was apparently holding it out of anticipation.

'Rose, why don't we let the boys play and go get Bella some things she needs. I have a 'feeling' she is going to stay here for awhile.' At the word feeling Alice raised her eyebrows pointedly.

'I will get her food for diner.' Esme added.

'I will help you.' Jasper offered.

Edward and Emmett were now the only ones in the house beside Bella. Edward followed Emmett around while he pretended to look for Bella. After some minutes of looking in the wrong places, they moved to the attic.

'Where can she be? We looked everywhere.' Emmett said while laughing in his thought.

They both heard her small chuckle and Edward could hardly hold his own laughter. They looked over the whole attic, purposely skipping the place where she was hiding.

'I give up. Do you have any ideas?' Edward pretended to be exasperated.

'What about right here!' Emmett says.

He jumped right in front of her.

'Run for your life!' Emmett shouted, coming for her slowly.

She ran under his arms to the other sided the attic and Edward froze. He heard a sound that was incredible. It was her laughter. He didn't know how to describe it, but knew it was something he wanted to hear many times. Emmett was spreading his arms and legs wide, coming at her with large steps and she laughed even harder.

'You will never get me.' Bella said while laughing.

She ducked under his legs and ran to the stairs. Edward scooped her up in his arms before she could reach the door. He tickled her and her laughter filled the room. When she couldn't stop laughing anymore he stopped and put her down.

'That's unfair, you walk so fast.' She accused him, catching her breath. 'No one can escape you.'

Her observations are dead-on, bro. Does she realize how right she is? Emmett thought.