24th,25th and 26th of February

Okay. i better keep this really quick because in about ten minutes or so, Hiro claimed to have an enormous surprise- never mind i heard the door bell ring i need to go!

Okay...that was a really rushed intro. Basically this morning, yeah Friday morning, Hiro offered me a once in a life time opportunity to skip school! I obviously said yes, it didn't matter anyways, loads of kids weren't gonna be at school because it was the swimming carnival today- honestly, i don't bother with these things but anyways.

So i went straight to the lucky cat cafe with him and waited at his garage like he instructed me to as he got the surprise. 

He came back with two backpacks and two helmets. i asked him what was going on and get this, they were JET PACKS. 

Yeah! Not just some fantasy invention! They were real! We each strapped a bag to ourselves as Hiro explained that a parachute was added in case the boosters failed- he said the parachute worked because he tested it on his cat... i didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry...

Either way, we locked the helmets onto our heads as Hiro helped me to turn the machine on. It gave a couple sick puffs of smoke causing me to believe it failed. Yeah, even great inventors can fail sometimes.

I was about to say "Better luck next time" when both our jet packs whirred to life and shot up straight into the sky.

The only way to control them was with the small joysticks that had unfolded from inside the machine which was so COOL! We flew! A child hood dream- we FLEW!

Now, if you told me that i would meet Hiro on the first of January this year and that he was a super genius kid who would eventually let me fly, i'd probably say you need help because hey- that just seems all so very unlikely!

But now that it's happened... i dunno! It just seems so real!  It actually happened and Hiro and i took a selfie on top of the wind turbines to prove it! Aunt Cass didn't believe us until we showed her the jet packs and boy did she start to freak out. Tadashi sighed and patted Hiro on the back but suggested he used his brain to plan a safe emergency escape where as GoGo was the only one who actually wanted Hiro to create a jet pack for her to- the rest of the gang resisted the idea... No one bothered to tell Fred because otherwise we would never hear the end of it.

So after our mini adventure, Hiro let me keep my jet pack! I was so gonna show the other girls at school but then i just remembered that they all hate me or something.

Perhaps Hiro and i could fly off on our jet packs instead of walking home? That sounds like a fun idea to be honest, i'll have to ask him about it...

- (Y/n) out