85

Zayn's lying in his bed and he's clutching his stomach pretty tightly. The pain is almost unbearable. He contemplates changing his mind about all of this but it's too late now. The poison is in his bloodstream and there's no turning back. Especially since the clock reads 8:30.

He stands up and puts on his shoes, though it's very hard to tell how he's doing it due to his vision getting progressively worse. He can still see other than the occasional fading in and out. But his brain feels light to the point where it's actually making him dizzy.

I have to hurry up.

If he doesn't he'll probably pass out quicker than he anticipated. He grabs his backpack and puts it on his back. He scans the room one more time to make sure he hasn't left anything. He hasn't. He's all ready to go.

He stumbles down the hall, bumping into the wall because he's unable to get his bearings straight. He figures he better do better than this before he goes outside, or he'll stumble out in the street and get himself killed. Not that he will mind. He just wants to make Harry pay before he dies. So that can't happen.

"Where do you think you're going?" Zayn hears his mother say just as he passes through the kitchen. He didn't even realize she had come back home, but he stops to look at her. She is purposefully avoiding eye contact with any part of him, the same way she did after he'd told her off yesterday.

"I'm leaving and never ever coming back." He says confidently. Mostly to see if she'll care just once, before he's gone for good.

"Great. Maybe you can actually do me a favor for a change, so that I don't have to call Social Services and go through all this legal crap."

Wow. So this is my mother? The woman who's responsibility is to raise me and take care of me? No, this isn't my mother. This is a witch who only brought me in this world to hurt me.

His mother continues to look at everything but him, and he knows that's his cue to leave. He isn't wanted or needed here. There is no reason to stick around. So he continues walking through the kitchen, then heads out the front door. He doesn't even look back as he begins treading down the sidewalk, making his way to the bridge.