37

Harry stands in the downstairs bathroom looking at the black heart tattoo located toward the front of his left arm, near his shoulder. It brings back so many bad memories and it makes him sink his teeth into his lip thinking about them. He's thinking about how evil his father's face looked when he was using a blade from one of his old pocket knives and carving his initials into his arm.

He's thinking about how painful it was, how his father held him down and pressed that blade into his skin... He hates it. He hates how it happened on his 12th birthday. He hates how it left such an ugly scar. How ugly it used to make his body look when his shirt was off. He couldn't stand it any longer, and that is why he had it covered over in the form of this tattoo last year. No one knows the scar is there now. Only Harry and though that does make him feel better, it's only by a little because there's still the way he feels inside and that feeling has been lingering for four years now. He holds on to it and he doesn't want to let it go. He doesn't want to give anyone a chance to help him let it go either, so it's why he's been so stubborn to Dr. Kershman and all his other therapists prior to her.

In Harry's head, he isn't finished with Zayn. There's more that needs to be done. More that will be done. And he's looking so forward to it.

"Harry, are you ready? It starts at six o'clock and we're already a few minutes late leaving."

Harry jumps and sees his foster dad's reflection in the mirror. He scrambles for positive thoughts. "Y-yeah dad. I'll be ready after I put my shirt and coat on."

His foster dad smiles widely. "I'll be in the car then."

"Okay."

When his foster dad disappears, he snatches his shirt from the back of the toilet and begins to put it on. He wonders what Zayn will think when he goes back to school on Monday. How he'll feel towards Harry after seeing him cry. He's not sure, but he has an idea how he'll be. So he's just going to use all weekend to figure out how to effectively enforce to Zayn that he's still his princess. And though he may have had a little water in his eyes today, nothing has really changed. And nothing ever will.