73

For Zayn, this soccer game is the longest he has ever been at. And not because he's sitting on the bench watching from the sidelines, because he's always doing that. But today he has other things on his mind. His plan is do or die right now.

The team has played well today and they are up 4 goals to 2. It's the last few seconds and Zayn watches the team kick the ball around to each other. When the referee signals the game is over, the team cheers and high five each other because they are still undefeated and the other team no longer is.

"Wait a second. Wait a second." The coach says, getting their attention. "There are still three more games left in the season. Let's not get too excited boys. And as proud as I am of you, you all need to go into the visiting showers and get yourselves cleaned up because we need to board the bus and get you back to our own high school. Especially those of you who aren't driving, because your parents are probably waiting on you. Can you get cleaned in twenty minutes?"

Most of them nod.

"Alright then. You are free to go now." And he waves them off.

Zayn, like a couple others, don't really need to shower. So he just changes into casual clothes and waits patiently on the bus for the others to get done.

*

*

*

"Uh, Zayn?" Harry asks as his teammates are getting in their cars to go home. He doesn't care if they see him talking to him. He wants to ask this before Zayn starts to walk home, since the sun is setting pretty quickly.

"What?"

"It's getting dark out. Did you want me to take you home? Cause I can..."

Zayn studies him up and down. This seems very convenient for what he wants to do. Almost like Harry is purposely trying to fall into Zayn's hands. "Yeah, that's okay with me."

Harry smiles and then opens a passenger door to throw his bag on the back seat. "Get in, then."

Zayn shyly walks around to the front passenger side and sits in the car, holding his backpack full of soccer gear and schoolbooks in his lap. Harry's done and in the car in no time and buckling his seat belt.

Do or die, remember?

Zayn speaks up. "Actually... I don't want to go home."

"What?" Harry asks as he turns on the ignition. Because he wasn't expecting that.

"Don't take me home."

"Where do you want to go, then?"

Zayn looks around and makes sure everyone else has completely gone first. Once he sees they have, he tosses his backpack in the back seat and turns in his seat to face Harry. "Take me home with you. I miss being with you."

Harry's eyebrows furrow. "What are you talking about? We've seen each other everyday."

"I don't mean being with you as in seeing you in school. I mean... outside of school. Where we used to always go."

"Uh, Okay..." Harry chuckles, but he's clearly confused.

And Zayn is frustrated with him because he's not really getting that he wants to go to his house. He needs to find a way to make  Harry understand that without coming right out with those exact words.

"You really don't understand?"

"No."

Zayn mentality scoffs but Harry can only see him giggling and leaning towards him over the console. "You've kissed you me, but you haven't touched me anywhere. I miss that."