50

Dr. Kershman sits across from Harry and studies his actions. She can see that he has come with a better attitude today. It's been so long since she's actually seen him this way. As a matter of fact, she's not sure if she's ever seen him like this.

"Harry. Something seems to have you so upbeat today, huh?"

"Yeah."

"Well I'll tell you what. It's the first Tuesday of March. Here. Take my clipboard and my pen and write down how you feel."

Harry gladly takes the clipboard from her and scribbles something down on it. When he gives it back to her, she reads it out loud as always.

"'I want to do what you told me.'" She looks up at him. That's not exactly how he feels but it's more words than he's written in a long time and she's curious to know what it is he's willing to do since it's not often he actually listens to her. "And what is that?"

"What you told me two weeks ago. I want a partner, a boyfriend."

"And you are serious about that?"

"Yes."

"Ah, and what about this..." She refers to her clipboard. "...this Zayn Malik boy? Is he still available?"

"Yes. Sort of. But I'm gonna tell him that I really like him. I just need a few weeks or so to get myself together." And get all of this stuff I've been doing to him out of the way... "And then I'll be ready."

She smiles. "I'm really proud of you. "I don't know what's happening but you're finally taking strides in the right direction. I like it."

"Thanks."

"So what are your plans then, you know... once you tell him how you feel? Because you graduate soon."

Harry shrugs. "I want everything to be right. That's all. I don't want him to get hurt by anyone again. I'm done watching him get hurt." And I'm done hurting him.

Done.

"Well, that sounds very nice, Harry. And like I told you, it's going to work. If you just trust me on this, you are going to feel so much better. I know it."

Harry nods and looks down at the toes of his boots. He knows it too.

*****

(N/A)

You're halfway finished with the story and by now, bad memories or feelings may have been dredged up due to the plot. If anyone needs someone to talk to, feel free to DM me. ❤