34

Today is Zayn's birthday. It's his Sweet Sixteen. That's supposed to be a big deal just as it always has been for everyone else. But instead of being at home eating cake and opening gifts, he's at Harry's house, because 1) his mother didn't plan a birthday party or get him anything in the first place and 2) Harry told him to be here.

Zayn is laying in Harry's bed with his shoes, trousers and shirt off-- which of course was Harry's demand-- when Harry comes in and throws a bag of Haribo gummy bears on the bed next to him. "Happy Birthday."

Zayn is quiet as he looks down at the snack in confusion.

"Zayn? Where are your manners? A princess always uses her manners."

"Oh, uh, um. Thank you."

"The pleasure is all mine."

Seriously?...

The sudden insincere change in politeness makes Zayn mentally scoff in disgust.

"Well, don't just look at me. Open them up and eat."

Zayn, who is now cautious, sits up, grabs the bag and tears it open lightly. He resembles a little child as he takes out an orange one and eats it. It tastes good. He feels satisfied enough with it. What a nice, though not very thoughtful, birthday present.

"Today's a special day, not just because you turned sixteen, Zayn." Harry says shooting him a smile.

Now Zayn is more attentive than before.

"Know what I mean by that?"

He shakes his head answering quietly. "No."

Harry chuckles. "It's a special day because today is the day I mark you."

As if Zayn's not already confused enough, he goes and says something like that?

"Eat."

Zayn takes out another orange one, watching Harry walk over to his dresser. He reaches in the top drawer and digs around constantly, until he pulls out what he's looking for. What he has in his hand makes Zayn's heart stop.

Handcuffs? Oh no. They're back.

"Eat." Harry commands again when he sees Zayn has stopped. So he eats the orange one he took out. He watches Harry carefully and sees him take something else from the drawer. It's shiny and it's visible. So there is no mistaking what it is.

A razorblade.

Zayn starts to panic and his eyes glue to Harry.

"Eat, Zayn." It's a warning voice.

Shakily, he finishes chewing the one he was eating and then takes one from the package. It's a yellow one.

Harry walks over to him with the two items and then grabs one of Zayn's hands. "Alright, babe. This is just to keep you from running away."

Running away?

He closes one side of the hand cuffs around one of Zayn's wrists and the other around the bed post. It's so uncomfortable "You look really pretty when you're cuffed to the bed in nothing but your underwear. I mean, you always look pretty, but this... wow."

He chuckles and begins polishing the razorblade with his shirt. When he's finished, he grips Zayn's thigh and looks him in his eyes. "I am about to mark you now. But I'm warning you. If you scream, it's not going to end well, okay?"

"S-scream? Why would I-"

"Do you understand?"

No.