41

It has been a relatively quiet day. Zayn lays out on Harry's bed flat on his stomach and he's just pushed his homework off to the side. He's totally spent because he's had a very long week and he just wants to relax. He wants Harry to take him home and let him be.

However, as he closes his eyes and rests his chin on the back of his hands, he hears his name.

"Zayn."

"Yeah?" Whenever he hears his name and it's in Harry's voice, he immediately becomes attentive. He turns over on his back and sits up. He sees Harry walking over to him.

"What... what did that girl want the other day?"

"What girl?"

"You know uhm... um..." Harry does everything he can to keep from saying a name and Zayn can tell. "That girl you sat with at lunch."

Zayn has to think about who he's referring to. But then it comes to him. "Oh. Her. Sh-she didn't want anything. She just didn't have anywhere to sit because her friends gave her seat away. That's all... why?"

But by Harry's complex facial expression, Zayn's wondering if it was okay to question Harry's reason for asking.

Harry rests his hands on Zayn's shoulders and pushes him backwards on the bed in a slow, casual, non daunting manner. He crawls on top of him, so that his knees are on both sides of him.

"I don't want you talking to her anymore."

Zayn's eyebrows raise in confusion because this is a rather strange order from Harry. "I-- I don't understand."

Harry takes Zayn's wrists and puts them above his head so that his arms are laying flat on the bed. He brings the palm of his hands in Zayn's and laces their fingers, then he leans down so that he's rubbing their noses together gently.

"Please don't talk to anyone but me. You're mine. You have my name on your leg, not hers. Remember?"

Zayn nods. "Yeah." Of course he remembers. The scars are going to be there forever.

"Well then, no more conversations with her. Yeah, I get that she is focused on college and everything but you know." Harry frowns. "I still don't like it. At all."

Zayn freezes.

Is that... Jealousy? Are you so jealous of a simple conversation that you're still talking about it, even four days later?

He can't believe what's going on right now. Why does Harry seem so bothered by this? Why does he seem to not like even the idea of him talking to someone else who's not him. He doesn't have the answer but he knows that he somewhat likes it. Jealousy, in a strange way, looks good on Harry. Just as he begins to smile though, Harry's lips meet his, engaging him in a slow and lazy kiss. Zayn doesn't think he should kiss him back. But he does anyway because he can't help but admit that even since Harry first began to touch him inappropriately, he has always been attracted to a part of him. And right now, he decides to pretend that he's only kissing the part of Harry that he finds appealing.

Interesting though. Zayn isn't entirely sure what part of Harry it is that he finds appealing. All he's ever known is the touchy feely, controlling and abusive side of him. Of course, he has treated Zayn right sometimes, but it has never lasted long enough to be able to trust him. That leads Zayn to believe that it's all fool's gold. And he reminds himself that he should never get attached. He should continue on with his plans. That is what's definite.

When Harry finally removes his lips from Zayn's, he untangles their hands, softly lies down beside him and kisses up and down his jawline.

"We should just lie here." He says, reaching under Zayn's shirt and drawing on his stomach with his fingertips.

This moment is so intimate, Zayn won't challenge that statement with a 'no'. "Okay."

Harry likes that response because Zayn's not trying to fight him about it. So he smiles and presses his mouth onto his neck.