35

Zayn doesn't go to school the next day. He refuses to out of nothing but fear. He's never been so terrified of anyone in his life. Harry is a first and yesterday has given him every reason to be.

His wrist is all bruised up from the handcuffs when he was yanking it so much and his thigh is so sore. Harry had sent him home bleeding through his pants yesterday, saying it was his own job to get it cleaned up so that it doesn't get infected but he was given strict instructions not to cover it with any sort of bandage afterward.

The open cuts in his leg do spell out a word though: HARRY. They were sort of neatly carved into his leg. All except the last line on the Y that he angrily did after Zayn moved when he wasn't supposed to. But it's neat nonetheless.

However, lemons, handcuffs and a razor weren't the only things used yesterday. Afterward, Harry had taken off Zayn's underwear and used his phone to take pictures. So now he's got another set of pictures of 'naked Zayn'. Except in these, Zayn is crying and still handcuffed to the bed. The memory makes Zayn cringe. He can't believe he had to go through that.

So all day he'd stayed in bed, his mother not caring all, saying that him choosing home over school is why he'll 'never be good enough' for her before heading out of the door for work. He pondered those words and concluded that every word she says is true. He won't ever be good enough for her. Or anyone for that matter.

"Zayn?" It's his own voice in his head. His stupid conscience has returned.

"What do you want?"

"You could always you know... tell everyone. Harry isn't going to stop. Can't you see it's only getting worse? He's starting to hurt you now."

Zayn sighs and looks out his open blinds. "I'm fine."

"Fine? You've only been out of this room to use the bathroom. You haven't even eaten anything yet. You're just in here still huddled up. If Harry has you this scared, it can't be good for you. How can you just let this happen? Something needs to be done."

"What am I gonna do?! He has pictures, you idiot!" Zayn suddenly screams as if he's talking to a real person. "He's got pictures of me naked! Pictures of me bleeding, handcuffed to his fucking bed and I look like like shit!"

"But Zayn..."

"No! He's going to tell everyone if I say anything! And he means everyone! And if my mother finds out, that's it for me! Alright?!"

Silence.

"Okay, so... so what then?"

He lowers his voice. "All I have to do is keep doing what I've been doing until it's time. Then everything will be good. Trust me. I've got it under control."

"Until it's time? What do you mean? Zayn runs his fingers through his hair and sighs heavily as he looks in his lap.

"When I got home yesterday, I... I did some thinking and I've finally set a date... I know when I'm going to kill myself."