43

Zayn had been nervous about spending the night at Harry's. His mother didn't appreciate it either, as evident in how much she yelled at him before he left, calling him a "sneaky little boy".

But Zayn went anyway against her wishes and now he sits at the dinner table with Harry and surprisingly Harry's dad, whom he's only seen one or two times.

"I think it's great that you're friends." Harry's foster dad says happily. "But you don't really have to be afraid to tell me that you're already more than friends either, Harry. You know that."

Harry frowns. "Dad."

"What? I'm just saying..."

Harry looks down at his plate. "Can we change the subject please?"

His foster dad gives in and changes the subject. "Fine."

As they get on the topic of police officers, Zayn finds his mind wondering. Harry's dad is such the opposite of his mother. He would accept his son but his own mother wouldn't accept him? That's not fair. Something else that makes him sad is that Harry's dad has no clue what Harry has been doing to him. He has no clue that his son has physically and sexually abused him over the past four months. Or on a more technical level, the last two and a half years. Sure they are not officially more than friends as in a dating couple but they have done everything under the sun that 'more than friends' do.

"What about you, Zayn?" Harry's foster dad asks, bringing him back into the conversation. "Have you thought about what you are going to do when you graduate?"

Zayn sits his fork down calmly. "Uh..." No, because unfortunately, I'm not going to live to see my graduation. "Not really."

"Well that's important, you know." Harry's foster dad says. "It's time you start thinking about it. That way you'll have a good idea of what college courses you should be taking."

"Yes sir. I know." Zayn says. And he glances at Harry who's looking him up and down and biting his lip, almost as if he's thinking about doing something to him right now in front of his father. However as he studies his face more, he sees Harry's not staring at him because he wants to do anything sexually with him. He's looking at Zayn like he's already done something. He's looking at him as if he's waiting on something. As if he's waiting on Zayn to do something. Well, Zayn isn't sure what that something is, but he has a feeling it doesn't mean good for him.

.

.

.

It isn't until after dinner that Zayn understands his hunch was spot on. His body feels weak and he can barely get himself to even sit up in Harry's bed.

"Harry? What's wrong with me?" He asks.

But all he sees is a blurry figure coming over to the bed and he's a little bit dizzy too.

"Harry? What's wrong with me? Am I dying?"

"No. Relax. You're not dying." He says calmly.

"Why am... Why can't I move much? Why can't I see clearly?" Zayn's trying to scream in panic but he's even too weak to do that.

"Just relax, Zayn."

"No, answer my question please." Zayn cries lightly. "Why is this happening?"

Harry sighs. "I needed to test something for the future and I need you to be able to do it."

"To do what?... Why do you need me? What... What have you done?"

Harry rubs his hands together slowly, then taps Zayn's chin lightly. "I've drugged you Zayn."