31

"This isn't mutual."

Harry had told Zayn that the day he trapped him in the janitor's closet after school. That's what he said. And no one forced him to say those words either.

But now that keeps running through his mind constantly, each time he's not doing anything. And he knows the reason why it's suddenly been on repeat.

It was yesterday's events.

Zayn had shyly admitted he was tired and Harry just kissed his drooping eyelids telling him, "Just go to sleep then." And Zayn did. He had fallen asleep on him with his head between the little area of his stomach and chest and he was snoring so soundly. Harry stayed up, running his fingers through Zayn's hair, clearly trying to get rid of his frustration from his visit with his therapist the day before. That was what he wanted Zayn for. And Zayn fulfilled his want.

But thinking of it today, almost makes him wish he had picked someone else. It makes him think twice about going through with this mission and choosing Zayn because well... Zayn's a good boy. He is still his princess, but... Maybe Zayn can be a different kind of princess. Maybe Zayn can just be there when he's down or wants to snog...

No. You're not staying true to your own words, Harry. You're drifting from the goal.

He needs a reminder.

"It's not mutual. It's not mutual. It's not mutual." he repeats to himself as he grabs his backpack off the back seat so he can go into the school. "You are not even like Zayn. You aren't the same. Not even close."

Believe it or not, those words calm him to the point where he's able to wear a halfway satisfied smile. Maybe now he can have a better day.

Immediately, when he enters the school doors, he sees that he is wrong. Today won't be a better day. The brown haired girl is there again and standing with his three friends.

What does she want for fuck's sake...

"Hi Harry." She waves.

"What are you doing here?" He doesn't care if that question came off a bit rude.

"Your friends invited me. I honestly don't know why either." She chuckles.

"We invited you because Harry likes you." the blue eyed one speaks up.

What??? Harry doesn't remember telling them that. "Huh?"

"Oh." She blushes. "That's cute."

"But I-"

"Would love to walk you to class. He's been talking about you since he met you." The bearded one cuts in and Harry tightens his lips at him because that's certainly not true. After he met her, he forgot all about her up utill now.

"Okay." She drags out the vowels.

She's adorable, Harry must say. But she's... a girl. He'll still be nice though.

"So. I'll walk you now then?"

"Uh, sure." She smiles warmly. "That's fine."

And they scurry off to her first morning class.