48

Zayn sits at home in the middle of his bed a few nights later. He's gotten his journal out from underneath his bed with the purpose of marking out something on his list.

The only thing is... He's having a hard time figuring out what to mark. He's only got 11 more in total to cross out, but he's aiming for two tonight. Apparently, he can't even focus on this task.

"Okay Zayn. It's obvious that it's Harry who's doing this to you. He's the reason you can't focus."

Zayn rolls his eyes. "What the fuck do you want now?" He grumbles.

"Not me, it's you."

"Me? What are you even talking about?"

"This is you talking to yourself. Don't forget that."

"Why are you here then?"

"Something is going to happen to you. I can feel it. So I had to let you know."

"Something like what?"

"Something bad. Something bad with Harry. He's just too nice all of a sudden."

"No... Harry won't hurt me again. Stop it."

"I won't stop it. He can't be trusted. Every time you try to trust him, he fools you. You're being very gullible as always but it's bound to happen again."

"You don't know that." Zayn covers his ears as if it would stop his brain from talking to him.

"Zayn, you know it too. Please don't ignore this or you're going to get hurt again."

"Leave me alone."

"Listen to me."

"No!"

"Zayn."

"NO! I SAID NO! LIES! I KNOW THEY'RE ALL LIES, SO JUST STOP IT! HE WON'T HURT ME! JUST... JUST GET OUT OF MY HEAD AND GO AWAY! I MEAN IT!

Zayn lies down sideways on his bed and pulls his knees to his chest. He cries silently to himself and doesn't even bother to wipe his eyes.

A minute later, he hears his bedroom door open. His back is turned, but it can only be one person.

Darn, I should've locked it.

"Zayn, are you alright? I heard screaming."

He scrambles for a lie and closes the journal so she can't see what he's been doing. "Yeah, I just had a nightmare. I was having a nightmare that something was going to happen to me. That's all." He figures that if he makes it sound like it's not a big thing, then she'll think it's minor too.

It works.

"Well okay... I'm going back to sleep then."

"Alright." He mumbles. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." And the door closes.

But nothing is alright and this is not a good night. Zayn feels sick. He feels nauseous. He can't believe his own brain has tried to make him scared of Harry again. His conscience is mistaken. It's got to be.