87

When Harry pulls up on the bridge, he sees a figure bending over the side of it. It's hard to see since he's halfway under the only working light but he guesses it's Zayn. No one else would have reason to be here at nine o'clock.

He parks the car about 15 feet away from him and he gets out of it. He can hear coughing that sounds excessive but it doesn't really pique his interest.

"Zayn?" He calls lightly, just to be sure.

The figure finally turns his way and answers in a pained voice. "Yeah. It's me."

When he hears that familiar voice, he smiles and reaches in the car to grab something. He doesn't notice Zayn walking over to him with one of his hands behind his back.

"You're late, Harry." He says.

"Yeah, I know."

"Seven minutes late."

"I'm sorry. But I have something for you that hopefully, will make up for it."

Zayn coughs and mumbles something to himself when Harry shows him a plastic bag. But he takes it from him with the hand he isn't hiding.

"So why are we here on the bridge like this? What's the purpose?" Harry questions.

"I have something for you."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, but I want you to open that first. I want you to see what I got you."

Zayn frowns because he doesn't even want to look at it. He couldn't care less about what Harry got him. He didn't come here for gift giving. But he can still use this as lure. "Then we should go directly under the light so I'll be able to see it clearly."

"Okay. But I want a kiss first." Harry states and he looks down at him sheepishly but somewhat adorable. Zayn rolls his eyes, but puts on a smile so as to appear playful, then leans forward and upward to kiss him. He was originally going for a quick peck but Harry holds him there a little longer so he can savor the moment.

"I know it'll be late when we finish and you might not want to, but my dad wants you over for dinner tonight." He tells him when they separate. "Would you like to come?"

Zayn coughs and begins pulling Harry with the same hand the plastic bag is in. "He does?"

"Yeah, and I want you to come too. You don't have to worry about needing to get back home afterward. Cause I'll take you straight back home. I don't mind."

They quickly reach the only source of light and Zayn stops underneath it, turning to face Harry. But now his heart is beating fast because he knows what he is about to do. "So...you said you'll take me straight home?"

Harry nods. "Yes, I will. Straight home. I promise."

"Pinky promise?" Zayn asks, pushing it further.

Harry chuckles at how childish it sounds. "Pinky promise." But as soon as he holds his hand out and extends his pinky, Zayn drops the bag and grabs his wrist tightly. In the matter of a few seconds, Zayn has cuffed one of Harry's wrists in one side of the cuffs and the other side is cuffed to the railing of the bridge.

"What the fuck?! Zayn what are you doing?!" Harry asks, yanking at the cuffs. But he knows he won't be going anywhere, seeing as these railings are grounded in concrete.

"This isn't funny. What are you doing? Are you..." He pauses and looks at Zayn who is bending over and holding his hand over his abdomen. "Where did you get these cuffs?"

Zayn gives him a harsh look then goes over to his backpack. Harry just noticed that was even there. He unzips the front pocket.

"Did you not hear me talking to you?! Where did you get these cuffs?!" Harry screams.

"Sit down and shut up, Harry." Zayn says.

"Not until you tell me where you got them! Because these are my dad's, aren't they?!" Instantly, he is met face to face with a steal blade and his eyes grow big.

"Sit down... and shut up." Zayn says again, but it's a warning tone like no other.

Harry slowly sits down but he doesn't take his eye from the knife.

"Where's your phone?"

"It's uh, it-it's." Harry is speechless, but Zayn doesn't have time for stuttering. So he presses the tip to his nose.

"Where is it?!"

"In the c-- car. In-- in the console." Harry says and at this point, he's terrified. He hasn't been this terrified since he lived with his real father.

Zayn leaves Harry there, then goes to the car and opens the driver side door. He finds it there where Harry said. So he takes it and goes back over to Harry.

"What do you want with me?" Harry asks. "Please tell me this is some kind of prank. Is it, Zayn?" He's really hoping it is. But when he sees Zayn hold the phone out over the bridge, he's knows it isn't a prank. "Zayn... what are you doing with my phone?"

"Why did you do it?" Zayn asks and if it wasn't for the pain in his voice, he'd be cool and collective right now.

"Why did I do what?"

"Don't play stupid with me or I'm dropping the phone now! Why did you do it?"

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" Harry shouts louder.

But Zayn matches his tone. "I'M TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING! WHY DID YOU DO EVERYTHING YOU DID TO ME?!"

Suddenly there is silence. Zayn has had times where it became so quiet it could make him go crazy but this one takes the cake. "Answer me, Harry. I'm giving you two seconds!"

"Because I wanted to! That's why!" He hollers.

Despite getting an answer, immediately when Harry says that, he drops Harry's phone over into the raging waters below.